Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning new audio upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 08:57 AM
BigBlue1!
Cruiser
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

thanks!!!!! I have heard of the ground zero speakers. Looking at them now.

Originally Posted by Fireball Jack
Mmats = PA601.4cx This is a very popular speaker in this forum. They come in at a good price and sound good. They also do need a ton of power. 100-140W and they are happy

GZ= GZCF6.5spl They play lower than the Mmats but take more power. 175-250W but the more power the more the highs come out.
A very good and popular combo is 4 Mmats PA601.4cx and the Stinger amp SPX700.4 This is a budget system that sounds pretty good. You will need a Spacer for the tour pak and they need to be clocked ( turned the right way) to fit. The stinger will not kill your FM like the Soundstream does.

Old 02-02-2023, 09:04 AM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 842 Likes on 579 Posts

Also I am a Kenwood Deck fan but the Sony has a better display for a motorcycle. It is easier to see in the sun.
I would probably order this head unit. it has built in X overs and 5 volt pre out.

Sony DSX-GS80

The following users liked this post:
BigBlue1! (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 09:04 AM
fastsoup
Road Master
Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue1!
thanks!!!!! I have heard of the ground zero speakers. Looking at them now.
If you decide the GZ over the mmats, the Stinger amp (IMO) will be light on power per channel...you'll want to look into a soundigital 1200.4 at that point.

The following users liked this post:
BigBlue1! (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 09:10 AM
BigBlue1!
Cruiser

The hertz is where I started. My buddy just installed them on his SG. The sound good. Very freakin loud. They just didn’t seem to have any low end. That’s why I ended up at the Infinity speakers.

the GZ seems to have a higher frequency range(low end) than both hertz and infinity. That’s a concern.

I just want to make sure im doing this right the first time. Lol.

thanks for all the info and help.

QUOTE=fastsoup;21052649]Great recommendation...I would personally throw a set of Hertz SX 165 Neo's in the TP and skip the need for a spacer...they'll get louder than the mmats with the same power from the Stinger amp. Will cost a little more but the offset will come from not needing the spacer for the TP.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-02-2023, 09:13 AM
BigBlue1!
Cruiser

Cool. Thanks. Great info. Being able to see the radio will help. 😂

maybe I’ll just upgrade to the double din kit with the Sony from VA.

this keeps adding up. Lol

QUOTE=Fireball Jack;21052682]Also I am a Kenwood Deck fan but the Sony has a better display for a motorcycle. It is easier to see in the sun.
I would probably order this head unit. it has built in X overs and 5 volt pre out.

Sony DSX-GS80

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-02-2023, 09:24 AM
fastsoup
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigBlue1!
The hertz is where I started. My buddy just installed them on his SG. The sound good. Very freakin loud. They just didn’t seem to have any low end. That’s why I ended up at the Infinity speakers.

the GZ seems to have a higher frequency range(low end) than both hertz and infinity. That’s a concern.

I just want to make sure im doing this right the first time. Lol.

thanks for all the info and help.

QUOTE=fastsoup;21052649]Great recommendation...I would personally throw a set of Hertz SX 165 Neo's in the TP and skip the need for a spacer...they'll get louder than the mmats with the same power from the Stinger amp. Will cost a little more but the offset will come from not needing the spacer for the TP.
[/QUOTE]

The Hertz in the fairing is too bright...but behind you aimed up, they're fantastic!

I hear you about doing it right the first time...I started this rabbit whole 1.5yrs ago and it's still going.

I run that Kenwood deck...it's good, clean power...and has adjustable display to match the inner fairing lights...under $200 it cannot be beat. I'd save the dough on the double din inner fairing and put it towards your stereo. If you run the GZ in the fairing, Neo's in the TP...you won't require a DSP and it'll be clear & loud on the freeway.

Now if you decide to head into pro-audio (separate horns, DSP etc) you'll need the assistance of the far more compable members here.

Old 02-02-2023, 09:34 AM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Dont be to concerned about the GZ's specs. @ 120hz and 225W they are punchy.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fireball Jack:
BigBlue1! (02-10-2023), Mac daddy 103 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-03-2023, 11:37 AM
PureHybrid
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

Any experience with the other Ground Zero speakers? Such as the GZRF, in comparison to the GZCF "yellow basket". Obviously the yellow baskets are going to be a step above, but double the cost

Old 02-03-2023, 02:49 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by PureHybrid
Any experience with the other Ground Zero speakers? Such as the GZRF, in comparison to the GZCF "yellow basket". Obviously the yellow baskets are going to be a step above, but double the cost
I have not. Mmats are 250ish.

Old 02-03-2023, 04:40 PM
fastsoup
Road Master

Originally Posted by PureHybrid
Don't bother...get the right gear the first time.

Ask me how I know this...😒

Quick Reply: Planning new audio upgrades.