Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 04:16 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 842 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridewithme
Hi there, you may want to consider the Rockford Fosgate Power speakers for your Harley. They are known for their high-quality sound and compatibility with aftermarket amplifiers.
You can also check out the article for a comprehensive review of the best sound system options for your motorcycle: https://yourmotobro.com/best-sound-s...rley-davidson/
Hope this helps!
I bet you dont get out much.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fireball Jack:
Circa58 (03-05-2023), Mac daddy 103 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 08:44 PM
fastsoup
Road Master
Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac daddy 103
The amp was already setup for the Hertz speakers frt and rears but obviously I changed the fronts how do I change the front settings on the amp to 80-85? Hers a pic of the amp if you can help me on this….

This is not my settings, this a pic for reference but this is the amp I do have
Are you using the stock HU? If yes, see the pick below where to set the freq for your current set up...and adjust to your liking from there.

The following users liked this post:
Mac daddy 103 (02-12-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Ridewithme
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
I think he is a shill, or a spammer. I have not figured it out yet, but all of his posts since he joined are "off" just enough that I am just waiting to see all the links to the other sites he shills for. This one may be the first.
It sounds like we've got a real Sherlock Holmes on our hands here! Keep following my posts good luck!

Old 02-14-2023, 03:09 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 211 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by fastsoup
Are you using the stock HU? If yes, see the pick below where to set the freq for your current set up...and adjust to your liking from there.

Here my settings as of right now, the rears I’m not gonna touch but does the fronts look good or should I move it a bit? Thanks for you help

Old 02-14-2023, 03:50 PM
fastsoup
Road Master

Here my settings as of right now, the rears I’m not gonna touch but does the fronts look good or should I move it a bit? Thanks for you help
Yeah those look to be a little over a 100hz (makes sense given the Hertz speakers). If the front is ch 1&2, I would turn that to the left ever so slightly. Hook it all back up, play some music you know well at max volume (ear plugs or ear buds help inside a garage) and adjust the freq for the GZ as you see fit.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master

Yeah those look to be a little over a 100hz (makes sense given the Hertz speakers). If the front is ch 1&2, I would turn that to the left ever so slightly. Hook it all back up, play some music you know well at max volume (ear plugs or ear buds help inside a garage) and adjust the freq for the GZ as you see fit.
question, can I adjust it while playing music or does the amp have to be off? And if I turn the adjustment it to the left a bit like you suggested you would I gain? Sorry for Amal the question and thanks for your help

Old 02-14-2023, 05:03 PM
fastsoup
Road Master

question, can I adjust it while playing music or does the amp have to be off? And if I turn the adjustment it to the left a bit like you suggested you would I gain? Sorry for Amal the question and thanks for your help
Yes you can absolutely adjust the freq/gains with the amp on/music playing...that is the "organic" way that we use to do it. Just be mindful not to turn the gain too high or the freq to low...just little nudges...such a drastic change can send the amp into distortion...which is no good for the speakers.

Do you have a multi meter by chance?

The following users liked this post:
Mac daddy 103 (03-05-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 08:21 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master

Yes you can absolutely adjust the freq/gains with the amp on/music playing...that is the "organic" way that we use to do it. Just be mindful not to turn the gain too high or the freq to low...just little nudges...such a drastic change can send the amp into distortion...which is no good for the speakers.

Do you have a multi meter by chance?
yes on the multi meter, and thanks for all your help

Old 02-14-2023, 08:59 PM
fastsoup
Road Master

yes on the multi meter, and thanks for all your help
I'd definitely use it to set the gains accordingly, and then fine tune with your ear, or just give er!

As far as the crossover, the video below is indepth but definitely helps find the correct freq.

​​​​​​

Old 02-14-2023, 11:32 PM
scott7d
Road Captain
Received 947 Likes on 292 Posts

UPDATE!!!! Replaced the fairing Neos with GZ yellows definitely more mid bass and they pound HARD!!! So new setup is…. Hertz SP 4.900 amp, GZ YELLOWS in the fairing and Hertz SX 690 Neo in the lids. This setup without a dsp is super loud clear and with some nice mid bass. Super happy with this setup 😎👍🏾
Glad to hear you're happy with the setup!

are your running a DSP or just the Amp and at what Frequency do you have it set at for the fronts?
No DSP, just an EQ flash and tune. As far as the settings, I can get with the friend who installed the system and see if he has that information written down if you'd like.

The following 2 users liked this post by scott7d:
Circa58 (03-05-2023), Mac daddy 103 (03-05-2023)

Quick Reply: Need new speakers