Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB / CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 09:54 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 652 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Lefty33 - thanks.

I have downloaded XM and can play that in my helmet. Figured since it is cold out here, may as well sit by the fire and play a little.

So, the XM comes out just fine. My wife does not hear any music - and, from your post, it sounds like she may have to connect her phone to listen to any music being streamed. We can both get FM from Cardo.

I also pulled up AA and got directions. When I did that, I could get both the directions and also XM. With that, I would have to use my phone for the map because it is not connected to the bike. So, when I plug the phone into the USB port in the phone cubby - not sure what will happen (bike is in storage - cover for winter). Ideally, I am hopeful that the map will come up on my bike but that I could still hear the directions on my phone.

Before I put the bike away, I could plug my phone is, open something like XM and hit play - the music would come out of my speakers. Didn't want to constantly run XM from my phone so I had it installed on the bike

Guess I have a little more learning to do.
To your point of your wife not hearing music. Cardo has a setting where you can "share" your music although we have not had good luck with this. We've found the "music share" to be fairly unstable.
In this mode, both rider (you) & passenger (your wife) will hear the same music. So whatever you have streaming in your helmet will "share" to your wife helmet.

This isn't a big deal for us as we usually prefer to listen to our own, individual choice anyway. The one thing to keep in mind if doing this, each of us has to be on a different streaming source.
Usually I will stream from either Prime Music, or music on my phone, and my wife will stream from Spotify...unless of course both of you each have your own separate account with say Spotify or Prime.
You both get your FM directly from the Cardo units FM transmitter.

Regarding your nav directions, I can't answer that as I don't use the voice prompts at all. I personally find them annoying (always interrupting music, etc) and purposely have them turned off.
I think I'm one of the few, in the minority here, that actually doesn't mind the stock HD/GTS nav. I just watch the screen for my turns.

I hear you on the "putting the bike away". It's a long cold, lonely winter here with the bike in storage C'mon spring!