Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Menu Item / Wireless Headset

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 06:16 PM
miT
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Missing Menu Item / Wireless Headset

I have been trying to connect my wireless headset to my 22 Street Glide ST. Both the WHIM and BBGTS have the latest software/firmware and flashed enabled. My specific problem is I am missing the "Wireless Headset" menu option. I can go under settings, and scroll through the entire menu and this menu option is missing.

What I have done:
  1. I checked some older bikes and this menu option is there, but grayed out (no WHIM).
  2. Tried connecting various headsets, including Harley units through the "Bluetooth Setup" menu option with no success. This option appears to be only for connecting phones, not wireless headsets. Note, this option works fine with my phone.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Tzed

Old 09-02-2022, 07:09 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

did the dealer flash for the WHIM when it was installed? did it work before? mine did some weird stuff like that and it was a blown P&A fuse, no idea how that was related though.

Last edited by mikes300; 09-02-2022 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:44 PM
miT
Novice

New bike, new WHIM. Installed and flashed. From what I know, I believe the WHIM is fine. What is confusing everyone is the missing Wireless Headset menu option. I am not totally sure, but even without the WHIM, the menu option should still exist, but grayed out(?).

Old 09-02-2022, 09:30 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by miT
New bike, new WHIM. Installed and flashed. From what I know, I believe the WHIM is fine. What is confusing everyone is the missing Wireless Headset menu option. I am not totally sure, but even without the WHIM, the menu option should still exist, but grayed out(?).
Check the accessory fuse....I believe its a 15 amp. My friend had the same problem and it was the fuse ss the whim gets power from the accessory fuse.

Last edited by golfblues; 09-02-2022 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:48 PM
miT
Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish it were that simple (sigh). The fuse is good.

Old 09-03-2022, 11:40 AM
miT
Novice

golfblues, you were spot on! I had one of the service techs at my local dealer call Harley Tech. They stated, that menu option will not appear unless the WHIM is powered, so I either have a bad WHIM and/or a bad harness. I will meter out the harness.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:08 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by miT
golfblues, you were spot on! I had one of the service techs at my local dealer call Harley Tech. They stated, that menu option will not appear unless the WHIM is powered, so I either have a bad WHIM and/or a bad harness. I will meter out the harness.
I'm glad to help to get it fixed. If the whim is bad or not getting power it does not show up in the the menu.... double check the fuse and make sure the whim is plugged in as it may have come loose. My friend was adding something to his audio system and when he put it back together the whim disappeared and his cooling fan did not turn on so first thing I told him was to check the accessory fuse. Bingo, he put in a new fuse and everything worked

Last edited by golfblues; 09-03-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:10 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by miT
No, it will not show up unless a whim is present and flashed for it, I suspect the dealer who installed it "did not tell the bike it had it" it must be flashed for the bike to recognize it.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:29 PM
miT
Novice

Checked the PA fuse and it was good. The dealer tech unplugged and visually inspected the plug and pins. He also showed me his screen and the WHIM was enabled. All appears to be good. I am going to meter out the harness to ensure its not the harness, but I suspect it may be a bad/new WHIM module. TBD....

I really appreciate the responses.... thanks guys!

Last edited by miT; 09-03-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:03 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by miT
Checked the PA fuse and it was good. The dealer tech unplugged and visually inspected the plug and pins. He also showed me his screen and the WHIM was enabled. All appears to be good. I am going to meter out the harness to ensure its not the harness, but I suspect it may be a bad/new WHIM module. TBD....

I really appreciate the responses.... thanks guys!
couldn't the dealer just plug in another WHIM and see if it works?

Quick Reply: Missing Menu Item / Wireless Headset