Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Menu Item / Wireless Headset

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 02:59 PM
miT
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes300
couldn't the dealer just plug in another WHIM and see if it works?
You would think, but my dealer (and surrounding dealers) have zero stock. I had to order mine and unfortunately, the dealer will not order another until they go through the HD process (check fuses, power, harness, etc).

Old 09-08-2022, 10:42 PM
miT
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Resolution:

Metered out the harness and found the accessory wire dead. Used my 12VDC power supply to check the the actuation of the relay plus ran voltage through the contacts and all was good. At this point, I had voltage through the relay contacts, but it never made it out of the fuse box. Considering this is brand new bike, I dropped the bike off at the Harley Dealer. They found a broken wire behind the fuse panel. They repaired the wire and bam, I now have the menu option to add a "wireless headset". Paired my headset in a few seconds and finally all is well.

Hopefully this post will help guide someone with same issue. Check the fuse, check the relay, check the accessory wire (violet / blue).

Old 09-09-2022, 07:32 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by miT
Resolution:

Metered out the harness and found the accessory wire dead. Used my 12VDC power supply to check the the actuation of the relay plus ran voltage through the contacts and all was good. At this point, I had voltage through the relay contacts, but it never made it out of the fuse box. Considering this is brand new bike, I dropped the bike off at the Harley Dealer. They found a broken wire behind the fuse panel. They repaired the wire and bam, I now have the menu option to add a "wireless headset". Paired my headset in a few seconds and finally all is well.

Hopefully this post will help guide someone with same issue. Check the fuse, check the relay, check the accessory wire (violet / blue).
Glad you found the problem.... as I thought it had to be either a problem with the accessory line or the whim itself

Last edited by golfblues; 09-09-2022 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:35 PM
rob0225
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
Glad you found the problem.... as I thought it had to be either a problem with the accessory line or the whim itself
The sad part about all this is it took the owner doing the serious troubleshooting to find the problem vice the dealer.