Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack speaker

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 06:47 PM
mbower
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour pack speaker

I have a 14 ultra limited and one of the tour pack speakers started intermittently sounding blown when there is much base in a song today. I believe the system to be stock and am just wondering what speakers you would recommend to drop in the tour pack pods for replacement that might be a bit better than the stock ones.

Thanks, Mike

Old 08-01-2022, 07:59 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 654 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by mbower
I have a 14 ultra limited and one of the tour pack speakers started intermittently sounding blown when there is much base in a song today. I believe the system to be stock and am just wondering what speakers you would recommend to drop in the tour pack pods for replacement that might be a bit better than the stock ones.

Thanks, Mike
Your best bet is to replace the TP speaker with another boom speaker. The reason I say that is, most aftermarket speakers dont fit in a TP without an adaptor and the ones that do fit are 4 ohm and wont sound good without adding an amp. the only 2 ohm speaker that I know that will fit are cicada cx165's and they will need to be redrilled as the mount pattern is not stock 6.5 pattern.

Now might be the time to upgrade your system by adding an amp and good set of speakers. I am currently running hertz sx 165 neos in my TP and really like their sound. They are loud and have great SQ.

Old 08-01-2022, 10:40 AM
Bluesman280
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Your best bet is to replace the TP speaker with another boom speaker. The reason I say that is, most aftermarket speakers dont fit in a TP without an adaptor and the ones that do fit are 4 ohm and wont sound good without adding an amp. the only 2 ohm speaker that I know that will fit are cicada cx165's and they will need to be redrilled as the mount pattern is not stock 6.5 pattern.

Now might be the time to upgrade your system by adding an amp and good set of speakers. I am currently running hertz sx 165 neos in my TP and really like their sound. They are loud and have great SQ.
Gotta agree....there are probably a couple other speakers that might sound marginally better than the factory speakers, but this the time to have that tough talk about stereo........ even if you just start planning it now for a winter upgrade. Usually some great deals on Black Friday, if you haven't maxed the credit card out by then.
It's time to rip off that bandage and get er done!
Add a decent amp and upgrade all 4 speakers, flash the HU.......rock on!
I'm also running the Hertz SX neo coax in the tour pack pods.

Gypsy.....how many watts you sending to your Neos?
What grills did you end up using?
I'm running 225 watts, which seems like plenty, and running the DB Moto grills, but looking for something more plain like just a black mesh grill.

Old 08-01-2022, 10:52 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesman280
Gotta agree....there are probably a couple other speakers that might sound marginally better than the factory speakers, but this the time to have that tough talk about stereo........ even if you just start planning it now for a winter upgrade. Usually some great deals on Black Friday, if you haven't maxed the credit card out by then.

I'm running 225 watts, which seems like plenty, and running the DB Moto grills, but looking for something more plain like just a black mesh grill.
I am running app. 150w to each. I have them parallel with the sx neos in the lowers off half of a 1200.4 4 ohm. At 5 from the top they will go 115-119 db's. Plenty loud for me. I have them crossed 90-12500. Anything lower and I geet some distortion on certain songs. Cant hear anything higher than 12500 also. Got stock grills as I wanted a stock look.

Old 08-01-2022, 11:09 AM
Bluesman280
Road Master

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
I am running app. 150w to each. I have them parallel with the sx neos in the lowers off half of a 1200.4 4 ohm. At 5 from the top they will go 115-119 db's. Plenty loud for me. I have them crossed 90-12500. Anything lower and I geet some distortion on certain songs. Cant hear anything higher than 12500 also. Got stock grills as I wanted a stock look.

THe factory grill on my 12 Ultra wouldn't fit, but I like the look of your grill. That will work perfect. What grill you using on your lowers? Same grill?

Old 08-01-2022, 11:16 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

THe factory grill on my 12 Ultra wouldn't fit, but I like the look of your grill. That will work perfect. What grill you using on your lowers? Same grill?
Yes sir.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:58 PM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,660 Likes on 4,222 Posts

Boom and RF suck….,aftermarket

Old 08-03-2022, 10:00 AM
fastsoup
Road Master
Received 109 Likes on 94 Posts

225w! And I tho the 130 I was sending them was too much...might have to crank up things here. 🤪

​​​

Old 08-03-2022, 11:33 AM
Bluesman280
Road Master

Originally Posted by fastsoup
225w! And I tho the 130 I was sending them was too much...might have to crank up things here. 🤪

​​​
I'm not sure how much more I would give them, but I had a guy telling me they would take more. I have more than enough volume out of them, enough to keep up with GZ coax in the fairing, and the DB Moto G2's in the lowers.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:47 AM
fastsoup
Road Master
Received 109 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm not sure how much more I would give them, but I had a guy telling me they would take more. I have more than enough volume out of them, enough to keep up with GZ coax in the fairing, and the DB Moto G2's in the lowers.
I really can't imagine how much more they could take...225w is a lot of juice.

My Mmats should be here this week...going to put them in the fairing and run them off a 1200.4 along with the Neo's...start around 150 crossed @ 100hz and go from there.

Quick Reply: Tour pack speaker