Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arc Moto CX69 are in......

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 10:19 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts
Default Arc Moto CX69 are in......

And mine are on the way.....🙂
Look for my Hertz 690 Neo Show 6x9's in the classys soon...

I'm one of the few that has the pleasure of having the 6.5 cx-6s in my fairing. Outstanding speakers.

https://www.arcaudio.com/motorcycle-speakers/moto-cx69-speakers

Last edited by golfblues; 06-24-2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:25 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Update

My setup
Arc Moto 720 amp
CX6 fairing speakers, receiving 150 watts each, crossed at 110.
CX69 lids, 150 watts each, crossed at 85

Amp set at speaker level, 24.75v using 1k -5db tone, volume set 3 bars from max on gts.

No DSP
RF flash with 4 channel input for full fader.

This setup rocks... I went through mmatts, gz, and Hertz. To my ears the Arcs sounds the best and I am done with the audio. Not a lot of ARC Audio fans here but it is a well-respected company and they've done a great job on that amp and the CX line of speakers.

I did have a problem with one cx69 that had a bad wolfer after 30 minutes but they sent me a new one out in 3 days and all is well.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (07-12-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 04:10 PM
fastsoup
Road Master
Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Would love to see a video of the stereo rocking.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:42 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fastsoup
Would love to see a video of the stereo rocking.
Soup, I will put one up tomorrow but they never do justice to the real thing.....I had the GZ's in the fairing and mmats 6x9's in the lids and then Hertz Neo Show 6x9's in the lids..... they both were great and the hertz were a step up from the mmats but needed more power. The arc audio cx69 6x9s are awesome as are the 6.5's in the fairing. My son-in-law has the 720 amp in his Street Glide with the Neo 6.5's Hertz and 6x9 neo Hertz in the bags. He likes my system much better as it produces much more mid-base than the Hertz's. Arc Audio is a bit more in price compared to other manufacturers (same as hertz though) but to me the quality is worth it.

Last edited by golfblues; 07-10-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:53 PM
fastsoup
Road Master

Originally Posted by golfblues
Soup, I will put one up tomorrow but they never do justice to the real thing.....I had the GZ's in the fairing and mmats 6x9's in the lids and then Hertz Neo Show 6x9's in the lids..... they both were great and the hertz were a step up from the mmats but needed more power. The arc audio cx69 6x9s are awesome as are the 6.5's in the fairing. My son-in-law has the 720 amp in his Street Glide with the Neo 6.5's Hertz and 6x9 neo Hertz in the bags. He likes my system much better as it produces much more mid-base than the Hertz's. Arc Audio is a bit more in price compared to other manufacturers (same as hertz though) but to me the quality is worth it.
I get the video doesn't do justice but it's always a good reference.

I have read a lot on the arc moto. I am planning on taking the Mille's out of my fairing and tossing in a set of mmats pa601cx...but now wondering about the Arc's. Are they "too bright" without a DSP? I know some of the members said that the Mille's would be too bright because of the center throw tweeter but I find them too be just fine to my ears.

Old 07-10-2022, 05:35 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fastsoup
I get the video doesn't do justice but it's always a good reference.

I have read a lot on the arc moto. I am planning on taking the Mille's out of my fairing and tossing in a set of mmats pa601cx...but now wondering about the Arc's. Are they "too bright" without a DSP? I know some of the members said that the Mille's would be too bright because of the center throw tweeter but I find them too be just fine to my ears.
To me they are not too bright. They also pound especially with drums! My friend has the Mille with separate tweeters. They sound excellent but that's a whole nother ball game as he has two big crossovers in his fairing

Last edited by golfblues; 07-10-2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:01 PM
fastsoup
Road Master

To me they are not too bright. They also pound especially with drums! My friend has the Mille with separate tweeters. They sound excellent but that's a whole nother ball game as he has two big crossovers in his fairing
Oh man...here we go again...the wheels in my head are turning again...and to think...it's only been 3 months.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:47 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Soup, you are in trouble again 🤣🤣🤣

Old 07-11-2022, 09:50 AM
fastsoup
Road Master

Soup, you are in trouble again 🤣🤣🤣
🤦🏻 - Toledo dealer services has the new Red Basket Coax in stock. I've been also looking at the Cicada Horns...but not enough info yet on these two and I don't want to be the ginny

Old 07-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,596 Likes on 3,245 Posts

I'll be trying the new Red Basket coax in the next few weeks. I'll have the full story at 11. 🤣

Quick Reply: Arc Moto CX69 are in......