Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my wife a DIAMOND for her birthday!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2022 | 11:31 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts
Default Bought my wife a DIAMOND for her birthday!

Okay, made you look! LOL

Diamond Audio

Quick back story. My wife LOVES to ride. She is the worlds best passenger. She would be riding her own bike if she was not dealing with RA. She tried on some smaller bikes and it was just not for her. That said she wanted us to get a Street Glide. She made the decision, she picked the color and she has selected or agreed on all the accessories added to date. She has a chopped tour pak coming and she's been pushing for a sound system she can actually hear and enjoy. This bike is her baby!

I've been shopping, researching, watching YouTube and speaking to many of you guys. Thanks to all that have responded to my dumb questions and taken time to respond and send PM's. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

What I have learned is like engine buidlers there are a LOT of stereo guys out there and a thousand ways to skin the cat and get a system that will be good and enjoyable. That said I'm the type of guy that deals with people. If I gel with a salesperson or company that's usully who I buy through. I wanted to buy Hertz through Volunteer Audio. Jay seems like a realy nice guy. But after two weeks of emails only answering half my questions, and never getting a complete system price I was frustrated. I talked to two other companies and did not get a warm and fuzzy. Yesterday I picked up the phone and called "American Hardbag" in California. I got Tim on the phone instantly and he spent 40 minutes talking to me, suggesting components based on my bike and what we were looking for and answered all the tech questions I could throw at him. When we were done he said "Look at your in box and call me with any questions". There was a complete system quote detailed and with one click I could convert it to an order and purchase. I reviewed it, he also sent me a text to make sure I had it and confirmed back that everything was in stock!

My wife overheard a lot of the conversation and she liked how thorough and helpful he was. We discussed it a few minutes and I clicked "Purchase" and sent Tim a text back that he had earned my business and the order is there. At 8pm last night I got a tracking number and everything had shipped! I was surprised as he asked me to give them a day or two, but WOW they shipped same day.

I know many have components that work for them, some may have the same sound for less money, etc. But I was ready to buy and this seemed like the right deal for us. One thing Tim talked about was that no one company does everything best. I have a combination of Diamond, Rockford Fossgate, Velocity and Audison. This is a system combination they have had a lot of success with.

It will be here on Wednesday according to tracking. Once I get it and set a plan to install, then he'll send me the flash tool and they'll follow up with any techicinal help needed to fine tune everything.

Complete Factory T Harness, Amp power kit and RCA cables (Plug & Play)
Rockford Fosgate DSR1
Diamond Audio HXM800.4D 4-Channel Harley Amplifier

Overdrive 2014+ Diamond Audio 6.5" Pro Speaker Kit Street Glide (for fairing)
Rear Speaker Split Backbone Wire Harness

Velocity OverDrive RZ75H Dual Stage Harley Compression Horn Tweeter (for saddle bag lids)
Audison AP 8 Prima 8" Mid-Woofer Set
(for saddle bag lids)

I'll keep you updated as I get it installed and up and running. Should have it completed by her birthday if all goes well.

The following 4 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
Garage Queen Rescue (06-10-2022), HarleyHappy (12-12-2022), keener3rd (05-07-2024), wright111 (07-09-2022)
Old 06-10-2022 | 01:10 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,286 Likes on 3,431 Posts

Nice! Tim @ AH helped me out last week, too. I got their newly developed 500 watt amp, the Hertz Millies, Fosgate DSP and all the install stuff you got.

Congrats!

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (06-10-2022)
Old 06-10-2022 | 01:30 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
Nice! Tim @ AH helped me out last week, too. I got their newly developed 500 watt amp, the Hertz Millies, Fosgate DSP and all the install stuff you got.

Congrats!
Congratuations to you as well. Tim is a super nice guy to speak with and seems to know his stuff. He made it very easy for me. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now! LOL

Old 06-10-2022 | 01:40 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Congrats.
Hope its loud enough to hear at highway speeds. Seems a little light on power for two 6.5, two 8's and two horns on one amp.

Old 06-10-2022 | 01:44 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Interesting. Those Velocity horns you listed look EXACTLY like the diamond M075t horns that I have. About the same price as well. Wonder if they rebranded them for AH.

Old 06-11-2022 | 06:19 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Interesting. Those Velocity horns you listed look EXACTLY like the diamond M075t horns that I have. About the same price as well. Wonder if they rebranded them for AH.

They do look alike. I guessing same brand but with tweaks.

From their website:

The RZ75H is by far the best sounding compression horn for Harley applications. We designed this tweeter to have a much smoother and wider frequency response than all other horn designs. This is top of the line. The RZ75H shallow mount horns have a design that is like no other. The unique phase plug (point in the center), horn flare, and diaphragm are optimized to produce a sound quality that is far superior to other horns on the market. These horns give you extreme volume levels and wonderful sound without being harsh and hissy like other horns. The RZ75H be mounted directly in front of a 6.5" mid-woofer and not Color Sound Below 3khz. Delivers a coax-type speaker arrangement, with ultra-high output of a pro audio speaker arrangement. The shallow design allows for many different mounting options on any bike.

Old 06-12-2022 | 10:22 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,286 Likes on 3,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Congratuations to you as well. Tim is a super nice guy to speak with and seems to know his stuff. He made it very easy for me. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas now! LOL
He sure is. I know they guys here rag on AHB and the pricing, but the customer service has some value (to me)
This is the amp I got from Tim https://www.americanhardbag.com/coll...nnel-amplifier
If I decide on doing rear speaks like you, I can add the 2nd amp right next to the first, they have a slick setup for this.

Post some pics as you go along, I will too!

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (06-13-2022)
Old 06-16-2022 | 11:12 PM
Bluesman280
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Congrats.
Hope its loud enough to hear at highway speeds. Seems a little light on power for two 6.5, two 8's and two horns on one amp.
Congrats on the new system. Hope it works out.

People wonder why we don't give AHB much respect. Great customer service, and they do have some great products, it's just too bad they sell these systems short. Like quite a few AHB systems we have seen in the past, this is a prime example of a system that should have been posted for advice, prior to handing over the credit card.
I would definitely want way more power. Not to mention a small amp just for the horns. Kind of defeats the purpose of the DSP, and the separate horns, if you're just going to run them off passive X-overs.
Lots of great 8" mid-range speakers out there to choose from like PRV, Ground Zero, Hertz, Faital, Mmats, DB Moto, Euphoria.......don't know anyone running Audison 8" in their lids.
This system has potential.....
​​​​Good luck.

Old 06-17-2022 | 07:55 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesman280
Congrats on the new system. Hope it works out.

People wonder why we don't give AHB much respect. Great customer service, and they do have some great products, it's just too bad they sell these systems short. Like quite a few AHB systems we have seen in the past, this is a prime example of a system that should have been posted for advice, prior to handing over the credit card.
I would definitely want way more power. Not to mention a small amp just for the horns. Kind of defeats the purpose of the DSP, and the separate horns, if you're just going to run them off passive X-overs.
Lots of great 8" mid-range speakers out there to choose from like PRV, Ground Zero, Hertz, Faital, Mmats, DB Moto, Euphoria.......don't know anyone running Audison 8" in their lids.
This system has potential.....
​​​​Good luck.

As I already mentioned there is a thousand ways to do this and there seems to be more opinions on sound systems than cams, seats and windshields combined.

Everyone I spoke with seemed to be negative about others and at some point you have to just go with your gut.

AHB told me this was a system they have tested and works well together. I cannot remember all the nuances but the front speakers vs the rear with the horns all come together well. We will see.

What’s interesting is so many comments about not enough power. Actually two companies told me 400 watts is all I need, and one said they would automatically upgrade me to 600 watts. AHB is the only one that suggested 800 amps.

I got everything in yesterday. All complete exactly as described. I’ll admit it was a little overwhelming when I opened everything up. I will say they had good information included and I watched several of their YouTube videos again last night. I think I have my plan together now on how to proceed. I’ll install it and then request the flash tool and we’ll see if I did well or not.

Thanks

Old 06-17-2022 | 08:19 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
As I already mentioned there is a thousand ways to do this and there seems to be more opinions on sound systems than cams, seats and windshields combined.

Everyone I spoke with seemed to be negative about others and at some point you have to just go with your gut.

AHB told me this was a system they have tested and works well together. I cannot remember all the nuances but the front speakers vs the rear with the horns all come together well. We will see.

What’s interesting is so many comments about not enough power. Actually two companies told me 400 watts is all I need, and one said they would automatically upgrade me to 600 watts. AHB is the only one that suggested 800 amps.

I got everything in yesterday. All complete exactly as described. I’ll admit it was a little overwhelming when I opened everything up. I will say they had good information included and I watched several of their YouTube videos again last night. I think I have my plan together now on how to proceed. I’ll install it and then request the flash tool and we’ll see if I did well or not.

Thanks
Yeah those two companies have NO business doing bike audio.

I only have 2 pairs of 6.5's getting 275 watts each off an SD 1200 amp, then my pair of horns are powered off a little 250 watt amp.

As good rule of thumb and its pretty accurate, is for bike audio you need AT LEAST 100 watts per speaker to be able to hear.....more is way better so you're not turning the volume up to max and potentially introducing distortion.

Hope this system works out for you. Nothing worse than spending hard earned cash on something that winds up being not what you expected or not enough....much like cams ppl get talked into then their numbers are underwhelming. lol

Last edited by teedoff65; 06-17-2022 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Bought my wife a DIAMOND for her birthday!