Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of SoundStream

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 02:00 AM
havinabubble
Supporter
Received 237 Likes on 173 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by HDRMBL
Hi all. I want to upgrade my Sony 7000 to the Sound Reserve HDHU14. Anyone have a photo of the display in direct sunlight? Is it bright enough to see? My Sony is garbage in direct sun. Hoping this unit is better. Anyone think it sounds better too that has an amp hooked up? My Sony is direct connect (no amp) to RF speakers. It’s okay. Not great.
crystal clear display on the Soundstream, you really notice the sharpness. no complaints in bright sun here.
the display and the sound is better than my previous Sony XAV-AX7000 IMHO. I've even had to look at the HDHU14 specs again cause I'm convinced it's louder/clearer. Also mines direct into RF T1650 fairing speakers at present.

as advised, getting an amp will improve things more (yet to do myself)

Old 06-07-2022, 11:02 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

With the latest update, the screen is very bright, and easy to see. Even with polarized sunglasses. The sound is incredibly clean! I am using a RF tm400x4ad amp, and it’s at least 50% louder, than my OEM Boom GT, head unit. I was using Biketronics bt355’s, and this Soundstream hu is damn near audiophile good.

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 06-07-2022 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:10 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Hi all. I want to upgrade my Sony 7000 to the Sound Reserve HDHU14. Anyone have a photo of the display in direct sunlight? Is it bright enough to see? My Sony is garbage in direct sun. Hoping this unit is better. Anyone think it sounds better too that has an amp hooked up? My Sony is direct connect (no amp) to RF speakers. It’s okay. Not great.
I haven’t really taken a picture of the screen, since the latest update. If no-one else does it, before me, I’ll take a picture after work. (About 4 hours)

The following users liked this post:
HDRMBL (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 11:23 AM
HDRMBL
Cruiser
Received 108 Likes on 51 Posts

Anyone know if/when the version of the SoundStream radio that can read oil pressure and other parameters is coming out?

Old 06-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Tupp
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know if/when the version of the SoundStream radio that can read oil pressure and other parameters is coming out?

now that would be effing amazing. Is that coming down the pipe or just hopes and dreams? I’d also like to be able to control the EITMS

Old 06-07-2022, 01:46 PM
HDRMBL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tupp
now that would be effing amazing. Is that coming down the pipe or just hopes and dreams? I’d also like to be able to control the EITMS
Volunteer Audio said that SoundStream is working on a CanBus module that can pass that through. The bike already measures it. The signal rides the electrical system already through the ECM or BCM. You just have to read the data and choose where to display it. It’s coming, just not sure if this will be in previous units via software update or if you need a new unit.

Old 06-07-2022, 05:00 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Didn’t get home, until it was raining. So, taking a picture without the sun beaming down, would be pointless. I’ll try again tomorrow.

HDRMBL (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 06:39 PM
Josh2021
Tourer
Received 300 Likes on 180 Posts

amen to that. I made a cover for it if I get caught in the rain. Total pain. Ready to ditch it. Which speakers did you go to? Looking at the infinity’s from Volunteer.
I actually went with a stage 2 package from volunteer, Hertz amp and Precision power speakers. Very happy with the way it all sounds, music is full and can hear it on the interstate. I think you'll be happy with the Infinity's, if you go with those.

HDRMBL (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 06:51 PM
HDRMBL
Cruiser

I talked with volunteer audio. The ability to see HD diagnostic info like oil pressure will require a different headunit. Current ones will not have the feature.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:33 PM
rcrankin
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I talked with volunteer audio. The ability to see HD diagnostic info like oil pressure will require a different headunit. Current ones will not have the feature.
I sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: Photos of SoundStream