Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighted Controls 2015 FLHTP, Horn won’t stop honking/left controls do not work

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 09:28 PM
urslo
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTPatrick
I’m hoping you get it figured out. I may soon run into this scenario. I have the controls ready to install when I install my new bars and I was planning on getting the same radio to install. I was wondering how all of the controls would work as right now the passing lamps are controlled by the red switch on the right control which is a navigation type button on the new lighted controls. I’ll be keeping any eye on your thread here. It’s hard to find much info on installations on the police bikes.
Originally Posted by FLHTPatrick
@jakobstone any updates?

I got my HDHU14 installed and noticed I have no horn and my aux lights aren’t working from the right hand control. My passing lamps were turned on/off using what would’ve been the strobe button on the police Controls

Volunteer is sending me a new hand control module because I’m not getting power on the switched power wire out of the hand control module so my deck won’t turn in unless I jump constant to switched. I’m hoping maybe the module is bad and that’s why the other stuff isn’t working. My signals, dash trip button, high/low all work.

Anyway, just wondered how you’re getting along with yours.
There is a thread in the touring section listed as " aux lights ".
I briefly read some of it but they had a similar problem with the horn and aux lights.
Repinning a couple of wires and reprogramming the BCM for "decommissioned/civilian use"

Old 05-08-2022, 09:32 PM
urslo
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My mistake, it's in the Milwaukee Eight section.
Police bike aux lights or something close to that.

Old 07-16-2022, 11:29 AM
FLHTP2020
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jakobstone
I installed lighted hand controls on my 2015 FLHTP Police Electra Glide.... When I turned the bike on to test the functionality I turned the ignition the horn starts blaring and will not stop.
I installed lighted hand controls on my 2020 FLHTP and have same issue. How did you resolve this horn issue???

Thanks!