Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street glide audio recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 06:02 PM
CaseyRay
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Street glide audio recommendations

I have a 2022 special and it’s decently clear/loud, but I’m looking for something a little better. Are the rockfords from Harley any good? Any other brand recommendations? I’m a bit of an audiophile so mid range quality isn’t for me

Old 02-28-2022, 06:17 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,242 Likes on 2,323 Posts
Old 02-28-2022, 06:40 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,601 Likes on 3,246 Posts

I moved this thread to the Audio Section. You will be much better suited to get answers here as opposed to the touring section.

The following users liked this post:
CaseyRay (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 06:40 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Soundz Bagger Audio

Old 02-28-2022, 06:45 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,601 Likes on 3,246 Posts

Now to get to your real question.

reading your original post where you say you're a bit of an audiophile and mid range quality isn't your thing. You'll want to stay away from RF systems. They rank as just average plug n play systems.

If you can give a bit of insight to what you want to accomplish and a budget in mind, plenty of folks have run the gamut on components that will get you in a good spot.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:52 PM
CaseyRay
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Now to get to your real question.

If you can give a bit of insight to what you want to accomplish and a budget in mind, plenty of folks have run the gamut on components that will get you in a good spot.
I’m interested in amplifier and fairing speakers for sure. Doesn’t seem like much to be gained from bag speakers at highway speeds. May be interested in a sub depending on how noticeable it hits. Not going to spend $1500 to somewhat hear a note.

as far as budget, idk, less than $2000 just for fairing and amp. I’m really just open to anything bad ***

Old 02-28-2022, 07:16 PM
gtownplowboy
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaseyRay
I’m interested in amplifier and fairing speakers for sure. Doesn’t seem like much to be gained from bag speakers at highway speeds. May be interested in a sub depending on how noticeable it hits. Not going to spend $1500 to somewhat hear a note.

as far as budget, idk, less than $2000 just for fairing and amp. I’m really just open to anything bad ***
look up cicada audio. installed system on my 08 ultra. Amp is a dsp150.4, has built in dsp. two horn 6.5 in fairing ch65.2 in two ohm along with 6.5 ch65.2 coaxials in tour pak pods. All in 2 ohm. awesome sound quality and build quality. Call the company and you will likely speak with the owner Larry, has been in the business a long time, great to talk with. just my experience and thoughts. good luck

Old 02-28-2022, 07:18 PM
CaseyRay
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtownplowboy
look up cicada audio. installed system on my 08 ultra. Amp is a dsp150.4, has built in dsp. two horn 6.5 in fairing ch65.2 in two ohm along with 6.5 ch65.2 coaxials in tour pak pods. All in 2 ohm. awesome sound quality and build quality. Call the company and you will likely speak with the owner Larry, has been in the business a long time, great to talk with. just my experience and thoughts. good luck
sounds good man, appreciate it

Old 02-28-2022, 08:31 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by CaseyRay
sounds good man, appreciate it
Where you at in NC?

Subs take a LOT more work than just installing the speakers, FYI. You need sealed and or ported bags.

There is some value to other speakers in the rear, but yes most lower freq is lost at higher speeds. I still enjoyed my speaker lids in my last bike, but I get WAY more sound from my fairing and lower fairing speakers I have now.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:43 PM
CaseyRay
Advanced

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Where you at in NC?

Subs take a LOT more work than just installing the speakers, FYI. You need sealed and or ported bags.

There is some value to other speakers in the rear, but yes most lower freq is lost at higher speeds. I still enjoyed my speaker lids in my last bike, but I get WAY more sound from my fairing and lower fairing speakers I have now.

Morehead city. What about you?

Quick Reply: Street glide audio recommendations