Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOM AUDIO GTS upgrade no audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 06:16 PM
CVOSLOW
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOM AUDIO GTS upgrade no audio

Need some help. Just installed New GTS radio WHIM module and correct harness into my 2015 Road Glide CVO . Install instructions say radio will beep every 3 seconds until programmed by dealer.
I have no audio/or beep, Checked unit is not muted and set to speakers. Also swapped over Satellite unit that is not appearing in Menu nor is any Navigation. I waited months for it besides the cost. I am hoping someone tells me its because its not programmed. Popped old unit back in it fired right up and started playing which rules out any issue with amp/wiring.
Thanks for any help

2015 CVO Road glide
2007 Electra glide Ultra
1971 Electra glide
2008 Sportster 1200

Old 02-22-2022, 06:30 PM
hamah
Road Warrior
Received 373 Likes on 282 Posts

The repeated beeps was back when the HU had to be updated while plugged in a MY 2019 or later and then a factory reset before the older bikes would work. The new GTS (p/n 76000829A) doesn’t need that so you won’t get the beep.

What was connected to the old GT? You have a 2015 CVO? You have Boom! amps and Stage 2 speakers. I think the new radio will be flashed for no amps. You probably just need to get the dealer to flash the new radio for the same configuration as the old GT.

Old 02-22-2022, 06:40 PM
CVOSLOW
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks that was the answer I was looking for. As soon as it stops dam raining here on Wrong Island I will get to the Dealer. I suspected the new units were slightly different and the instructions were never updated. Pretty interesting the clock and my mileage appeared after the 1st initial power on. Yes I have boom amp. 6 speaker hertz setup currently.
TY for the reply

Old 02-22-2022, 09:54 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Those hertz are 2 ohm? I think the boom amp is 2ohm, so not sure youre gonna get good sound,

Old 02-23-2022, 08:07 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,033 Likes on 706 Posts

Before you leave the dealer... be sure everything is working... Check NAV, Sirius, Fader, Whim... then leave lol by now they should have it down pat, but ever now and then I used to see people having issues because everything didn't get enabled initially, and required a trip back to the dealer to get a box checked...

FWIW, I put the GTS in my 16 RGU back in late 2019 (using a SoundZ module before HD made them compatible with the older bikes). I never got the beeping either.... just silence. I too have an amp (just one in the fairing).

Like the other said, you need to have your radio "authorized" and/or "programmed", pretty much needed anytime you swap these radios out... kind of a theft protection thing, I guess. They will program it for your bike's amp setup, enable NAV, Sirius, WHIM, etc... and you'll be good to go. When I did mine, it was the first time that, the shop I used, had programmed a GTS in a bike that didn't come from the factory with it, and it was in a bike HD was saying it wouldn't work in, so it was kind of a **** show getting the dealer to do it. But once they hooked up to the bike, 30 minutes later it was done and everything worked as it was supposed to.

Last edited by Ssitruc; 02-23-2022 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:39 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 652 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
Before you leave the dealer... be sure everything is working... Check NAV, Sirius, Fader, Whim... then leave lol by now they should have it down pat, but ever now and then I used to see people having issues because everything didn't get enabled initially, and required a trip back to the dealer to get a box checked...
And if you have & use a CB, make sure that gets enabled as well.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:18 AM
Michael Kelly
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I installed the gts radio on my 22 Electra glide standard. Got everything installed and working properly w the help of some of the people of this forum. So I was getting the beeping and took the bike to the dealer to get rid of the beep, enable the navigation and add that 4th screen w the tpms. Of course after the half hour they say I’m all set. I get on the bike and now the radio is fine but still no tpms or navigation. I tell them it’s not working and they say it’s cuz I need to set up an acct on the Harley infotainment page then get the update on a usb and update and it’ll be fine. Obviously that didn’t work. Any advice of what exactly I need to say to them to explain it properly so they can get this to work. Now on a complete different issue. You buy $3800 worth of audio equipment then to save a few bucks install it yourself but need to goto the dealer and pay 1/2 hour labor to have them incorrectly flash the radio? If I went the 1 time and everything worked I’d just be fine w it, ride and enjoy myself but I’ll need to go back again.

Old 02-16-2023, 06:00 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

I'm gonna guess you got a big compass instead of Nav... they just need to "enable" Nav in the radio's settings, assuming you have the Nav puck installed. If Nav wasn't enabled, you get a compass

As far as TPMS, and this also assumes you have installed the HD TPMS sensors in your wheels... If so, they just need to enable TPMS in the BCM, pair the sensors to the bike (also in the BCM), enable TPMS on the gauges and on the radio... Then, after thats all done you should have the extra tab on the "Info" screen with the pic of the bike and your tire pressures. You should also get your tire pressures to display on the bottom of your speedo, in the little LED screen by toggling with the trigger/trip button on your left controls...

My pressures were up in those pic, taken just after I got in from riding last summer....

If you get those reading on your gauges, just not on your radio, then they just missed enabling TPMS in the radio too... and they'll be back in there anyways to enable the NAV.

THEY DID NOT PROGRAM IT CORRECTLY THE FIRST TIME, there should be no charge for you having to come back a second time to finish it right. I added the GTS to my 2016 RGU in the late summer of 2019, the first either of my local dealers had seen installed in an earlier model... still only took the guy 30 minutes to do the programming, right the first time.

Last edited by Ssitruc; 02-16-2023 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 07:03 AM
Michael Kelly
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. My bike came w the RDRS. So I get the tire pressure reading in the odometer window right now but want it on the screen. I’m surprised they had really no clue what I was talking about. Yes I get the compass view when I tap on the navigation icon. When I called to schedule the appointment they were trying to say something along the lines of them not being responsible if the install was done improperly. I did get the WHIM jumper installed yesterday so Apple CarPlay works now so I’m able to have Maps or Waze on the screen if I need directions. The dealership did reach out to me after to ask about my experience and I told her I honestly wasn’t happy w the service I received and she tried to get me to schedule another appointment to correct the issues. The problem is I’m in MA and I was lucky to have nice enough weather here in February to ride but can’t schedule an appointment w them at the moment.

Old 02-17-2023, 08:48 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

For what you say you are not seeing (Nav & tire pressure screen on the head unit) it is as simple as they missed enabling two things when they were "programming" it. Enabling TPMS and NAV in the radio... they just missed those to settings. I've seen it happen before, guy leaves the shop and some things are not there... pop back in get the right thing enabled and all is good. There are, for sure, two settings for those two specific things... I can't believe they would even argue with you about getting it corrected for free, I mean you already paid them to do it... they just missed 'em.

As far as the inconvenience, I think you're stuck with that... but know it is easily correctable, once they can get their mitts on it.

Quick Reply: BOOM AUDIO GTS upgrade no audio