Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volume Control Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Wizard46
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Volume Control Switch

Have a 2002 Ultra Glide Classic. The volume control button and switch is missing. Found a set of handlebar controls apparently from a Ultra Classic as they have cruise buttons and mine don't.
I thought I would just replace the controls on the left side and just not be concerned about the extra button. Well the wiring connector under the fairing was backwards. My cable has female connector and the replacement one has male connectors. Darn it.
Looked briefly at pulling the switch out of the replacement set and installing in my controls. I've seen somewhere that that job is a pita. And I don't even know if its the correct switch as mine is gone.
I'm trying to not spend a lot of money, I found a new switch for about $50 and don't know what the button and whatever else I would need would cost.
I don't really need it as I use my Iphone and bluetooth anyway but just don't like for something not to work.
Any suggestions