Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ground for Amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 10:50 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,590 Likes on 3,245 Posts

Originally Posted by hamah
T, you're right on here. Peeps should do there own research. In my post to DSM Ltd. I was only saying that grounds in the front end do not go through the steering head bearing. There is a ground strap from the outer steer tube to the frame directly that provides a good solid ground for circuits in the front (fairing equipped bike or not) but as I also mentioned earlier it might not be able to carry the load of your setup without some beefing up.
Exactly.... when the 12g ground wire to the fairing fails with 4, 6 or 8g ground ran to it, you're left with head bearings for your ground. If you're going to beef up the ground to the fairing, why would you not just run your 4,6 or 8g direct to a suitable location. My amp utilizes an 80amp fuse, I'm pretty sure I want to ground that to the path of the least resistance.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:10 AM
Wolfmiester
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Exactly.... when the 12g ground wire to the fairing fails with 4, 6 or 8g ground ran to it, you're left with head bearings for your ground. If you're going to beef up the ground to the fairing, why would you not just run your 4,6 or 8g direct to a suitable location. My amp utilizes an 80amp fuse, I'm pretty sure I want to ground that to the path of the least resistance.
being that we have only 1 stereo shop within 110 miles, my options were limited. Surprising that the frame NECK(head bearing area) where all the wires pass was such a point of contention.
I just ran another 8GA wire to the negative side of battery.
Good thing we dont discuss the drag coefficient with pneumatic tires on a smooth cement surface with 153,000 plane during an 80% thrust takeoff.
mindblowing - the possibilities

Last edited by Wolfmiester; 06-13-2021 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-13-2021, 08:16 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfmiester
being that we have only 1 stereo shop within 110 miles, my options were limited. Surprising that the frame NECK(head bearing area) where all the wires pass was such a point of contention.
I just ran another 8GA wire to the negative side of battery.
Good thing we dont discuss the drag coefficient with pneumatic tires on a smooth cement surface with 153,000 plane during an 80% thrush takeoff.
mindblowing - the possibilities
That's easy as well. Use 90% thrust and that drag coefficient discussion goes away. Same thing when you ground to the neg post or the designated ground post, all the nitnoid bullshix goes away.

T

The following 2 users liked this post by Tailwind:
slodsm (06-13-2021), teedoff65 (06-13-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 08:27 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Same thing with a cam lobe specs between a 107 and 113 slope separation and idle vacuum effects which stall converters are needed.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:49 AM
Wolfmiester
Tourer

Exactly?
Btw, it's always 100% thrust on takeoffs...lol.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:12 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Exactly?
Ya think??? And you would be wrong if you truly believe that.

Last edited by SBates08; 06-13-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:23 AM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

Exactly?

Unfortunately for you bud, several of us also have extensive aviation backgrounds. Mine started at rotary wing for 12 years. Others in here may have been a commercial pilot for several decades.

Trying to prove a point about a proper ground by flashing some aviation credentials around to guys who also have extensive aviation experience is just solidifying the opinion that you want to argue and seem to be the smart guy.

I’ve worked extensively with SF guys while I was in, with chemical, petroleum, and mechanical engineers since I’ve been out, and they all had one thing in common.

Smart/bad mother****ers never had to tell you they were smart/bad mother****ers….. you simply knew…..

I’m done now. If this guy keeps grasping at straws like this our next shortage is going to be of brooms…..

You go ahead and complete that circuit however you choose. I’m sure you love to do the airplane on a treadmill argument to people who don’t know who Bernoulli is as well to try to be the smart guy in the room lmfao.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:24 PM
Wolfmiester
Tourer

Originally Posted by slodsm
Unfortunately for you bud, several of us also have extensive aviation backgrounds. Mine started at rotary wing for 12 years. Others in here may have been a commercial pilot for several decades.

Trying to prove a point about a proper ground by flashing some aviation credentials around to guys who also have extensive aviation experience is just solidifying the opinion that you want to argue and seem to be the smart guy.

I’ve worked extensively with SF guys while I was in, with chemical, petroleum, and mechanical engineers since I’ve been out, and they all had one thing in common.

Smart/bad mother****ers never had to tell you they were smart/bad mother****ers….. you simply knew…..

I’m done now. If this guy keeps grasping at straws like this our next shortage is going to be of brooms…..

You go ahead and complete that circuit however you choose. I’m sure you love to do the airplane on a treadmill argument to people who don’t know who Bernoulli is as well to try to be the smart guy in the room lmfao.
to be honest, I never bragged about anything but my education. You put the pedigree crap out first. I just informed you I am educated too..
Did I say I was a bad ***? Um, no. We all know someone that was SF. We delivered many into combat and took most home alive. We took the others home as well.
You want a pissing match, go ahead. You win. I just asked some questions and I get flamed. My project is done, it works, and is done correctly.
The only thing this thread has shown, is exactly how petty some can be.
For the helpful, thank you. I will in turn help others
For those not so nice. Please block me. I have no time for you.
LOAD CLEAR!

Old 06-13-2021, 12:43 PM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

to be honest, I never bragged about anything but my education. You put the pedigree crap out first. I just informed you I am educated too..
Did I say I was a bad ***? Um, no. We all know someone that was SF. We delivered many into combat and took most home alive. We took the others home as well.
You want a pissing match, go ahead. You win. I just asked some questions and I get flamed. My project is done, it works, and is done correctly.
LOAD CLEAR!
Once again, you’re digging into it as a pissing match when people are trying to help you. Your way is better and you wanted affirmation. When you didn’t get it, you started the pissing match. I brought in experience because it matters. You try to throw some unrelated **** in to make yourself sound better. I mentioned SF and smart people as a statement to those who know don’t have to brag they know, you turned it into “I know people in SF too!!!”

Do you see the issue? You’re a one upper. People make an attempt to help you and you fire back with acres of BS because you already had it in your head you were right.

So go find some other sycophants who will echo your misguided beliefs of how things work, let it reinforce your fragile ego that doesn’t allow you to be wrong, and scream “load clear” 😂🤣.

In my line of work back then, it was weapons free….. 😘

Old 06-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

LOAD CLEAR!
In all seriousness and in the name of the topic, after conducting your independent research what where the factors that drive you to the outcome you embraced? Curious what u deducted but also don't want to revisit this topic every other week thus hopefully you can provide some productive feedback so those that follow can learn for your conclusion.

We absolutely don't want sheep around here thus there is good value in you sharing your critical thinking process.

Thx brother!!!

T

Quick Reply: Ground for Amp