Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some expertise

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 09:58 AM
malfvnction
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Also the highs at 400 will make your ears bleed sitting still. At speed you will be fine.
First time attempting all this myself, but won’t the DSP be able to tune, tone down, the highs on these?

Old 06-06-2021, 10:11 AM
mcdc1224
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 94 Posts

How much power are you planning on sending them. I assume with the 800 you are bridging so you could be sending 400 watts. You should be in a good spot for sound using the dsp around 250 or 300.

Last edited by mcdc1224; 06-06-2021 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:22 AM
malfvnction
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdc1224
How much power are you planning on sending them. I assume with the 800 you are bridging so you could be sending 400 watts. You should be in a good spot for sound using the dsp around 250 or 300.
Yes. Using one amp for the front, and the second amp for the rear.

Plan was to send single channels to the horns and GZ’a up front, and then bridge the rear amp to the 6x9’s

Old 06-06-2021, 10:32 AM
mcdc1224
Road Captain

10-4. I would make sure that I did over power the rears and set them to match the db on the fairing speakers.........since you have more watts on the back than you need for now.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Those Hertz will puff the magic smoke if u run them too high above max/peak specs. Just an inherent trait that I have found w that manufacturer not having a ton of head room.

T

The following users liked this post:
Bluesman280 (06-06-2021)
Old 06-06-2021, 01:42 PM
mcdc1224
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Those Hertz will puff the magic smoke if u run them too high above max/peak specs. Just an inherent trait that I have found w that manufacturer not having a ton of head room.

T
Yea, I tamed mine down to 290 with the DSP.......just ordered a set for a bike that was set at 330......that saw the magic smoke while maxing out in a lot

Old 06-06-2021, 03:42 PM
D1127
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If it helps, I have 2 800.4’s both bridged and an Arc Audio DSP. One is powering a set of MMats in the fairing, and one for the Hertz sx690’s I just installed in the lids. I got some great advice from many on this forum, so I now have the MMats crossed at 100hz 150watts, Neo’s crossed at 80hz just under 300watts. GZ’s were back ordered forever when I started probably would have got those, but I can honestly say i am happy with my setup. It really sounds great for what I want. I thought I would have a little more overall volume, but that could be me still learning the DSP. Thanks again to all for your help and advice...

Old 06-06-2021, 06:45 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by malfvnction
Thanks for this! Just saved me $100+. Curious though that the Neo seems to get better but is cheaper than the MPX
the mpx are a decent sounding speaker but nothing close to what their price tag leads you to believe. i had some i’m my lids and thought they were awesome bc i’d never really heard any other lid speakers to compare it to. put a set of pa 690.4 by mmats. i’ll sell the mpx for 150$ plus the cost of shipping. like new. has box and everything that came with the speakers. TG saved you from. trading them out in a few weeks anyway. lol

Old 06-24-2021, 05:56 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 466 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcloud72
the mpx are a decent sounding speaker but nothing close to what their price tag leads you to believe. i had some i’m my lids and thought they were awesome bc i’d never really heard any other lid speakers to compare it to. put a set of pa 690.4 by mmats. i’ll sell the mpx for 150$ plus the cost of shipping. like new. has box and everything that came with the speakers. TG saved you from. trading them out in a few weeks anyway. lol
i actually paid Richard Cloud for the Hertz Millies and it was a scam from the start. man this guy is a piece of work. buyers beware. I am compiling our correspondence for PayPal and for you guys as I wouldn't want anyone else getting scammed buy this guy as he just posted a lot of ads in the classified section.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:09 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by memphisharley
i actually paid Richard Cloud for the Hertz Millies and it was a scam from the start. man this guy is a piece of work. buyers beware. I am compiling our correspondence for PayPal and for you guys as I wouldn't want anyone else getting scammed buy this guy as he just posted a lot of ads in the classified section.

i have had about all i can stand of your lying a^*!!! you conpile whatever you wanna compile sir and give it to pay pal and post it on this forum and anywhere else that you feel like posting it. tell it anyone that will listen. and none of that will change the fact that you’re wrong!! wrong in your statements and wrong in your accusations and most of all wrong about the type of guy you have convinced yourself that i am!!! yes you paid me for a set of speakers!! and yes i sent them the very next day and yes i did lose tracking info on them. ( totally my fault i agreed that it was ) yes the speakers ended up lost in transit!! and yes i told you to wait till the end of the week to see if they’d arrive before i gave you a refund ( because you say all this time I’m pretty much convinced that you’re the one playing games and that you had gotten the speakers I just wanted a refund too) but when the week came to a close and you still said no speakers had arrived I refunded the money. I went to the transaction that you made to me and I hit the refund option simple as that I did what PayPal instructed me to do and instead of paying you the money from the credit card that I always use for PayPal it shows to pay you from my checking account which you claim has insufficient funds which is a lie there’s always enough money in there to have refunded that five times over easily. Why PayPal has your money pending I don’t know all I know is I showed you where it came out of my checking account yes I showed you that after you called me a scumbag and a thief just like I showed you where yesterday I went to the post office and was able to get the lady to hunt the receipt down and thereby give me the tracking info which she was able to do. and when I saw that you were being honest and that you had not received the speakers I immediately sent you a message and apologize sincerely for doubting your word at all but you say even as I doubted your word I gave you a refund because that’s my character because I had no way to prove that you didn’t get the speakers so I was willing to pay for that mistake of me losing the tracking but then this morning I wake up and you’re calling me a scumbag and a thief and I had all I could take of you and your smart mouth!! i’ve done everything that I could possibly do to make things right on my end and you’ve done nothing but run your mouth and try to smear my name to anyone who will listen and everything you’re saying is lies every minute I didn’t know you were super old or that you were a veteran I might not have said some of the things I said you had I known that even though I didn’t say a single thing that you did not deserve i can’t make you stop spreading lies about me but i can certainly prove for a fact that it’s all lies you mentioned karma this morning. well i can rest easy and know who’s right and who’s wrong. the nest thing you can do is put the brakes on that smart mouth if yours. bc the next guy you run it to might not respect their elders the way i do. oh and when karma does get around to you just know it was bc of that scary mouth and those lies you spread about honest folk I did everything they could to make things right by you