Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use these lids?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 10:29 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Anyone use these lids?

We are going to be adding lid speakers to my wife's street glide in the spring. We were going to go with the Rockford kit but thanks to some people we met we got talked out of it. She doesn't like the advan black lids and talking to a few places about paint it doesn't doesn't make sense to do buy unpainted lids. So I found these but no reviews kinda worries me, so here is the link
Amazon Amazon

the other option we thought of was buying the Rockford kit and just going with a different speaker but if we go that rout might as well buy lids and get them painted. So just looking for thoughts.

thanks
kevin

Old 11-20-2020, 10:50 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I would shop for the Rockford kit on eBay. Several buyers with a "make offer" on them. You can get that kit between$375-$400 shipped. Replace those 6x9's after they give out on you. The kit itself is top notch and I would go that route over something on Amazon that nobody has ever heard of.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:35 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

The RF kit as bates said is very nice and does fit well. I did that on my 17 rgs. I was hesitant about cutting my own lids...if I messed up it was on my dime...so if I was paying someone to do them, it was their dime. After watching him do it though, it really is very easy. After installation, I ran the RF speakers for a few weeks. They couldn't keep up with my mmats up front, so I replaced them with the mmats 690 6x9 speakers. Wouldn't hesitate going with the RF kit again if I ever do 6x9 lids again. Not sure why you were talked out of them, or your friends reasons, but the kit itself is a good product.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:16 PM
highwayman50
Stellar HDF Member
Received 992 Likes on 641 Posts

If your only talking about lids....I have these and would buy them again.... Speaker Lids for Harley Davidson - Saddlebag Speaker Lid (hogworkz.com) if your talking more than lids...Bates is the man to listen to...bar-none.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:35 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain

Thanks for the replys. She doesn't like the look of the hogworkz lids, just like the advan black. Her bike her choice. We weren't talked out of the RF kit, just the RF speakers that come with it. So to spend that amount of money for the cut out and then buy different speakers for it is what we are struggling with. She likes the look of the lids I linked in and the hog tunes lids, but from two different paint shops we got a quote of $600 to have them painted. Maybe I will checkout eBay for the RF kit that has make an offer.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:38 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin_n
Thanks for the replys. She doesn't like the look of the hogworkz lids, just like the advan black. Her bike her choice. We weren't talked out of the RF kit, just the RF speakers that come with it. So to spend that amount of money for the cut out and then buy different speakers for it is what we are struggling with. She likes the look of the lids I linked in and the hog tunes lids, but from two different paint shops we got a quote of $600 to have them painted. Maybe I will checkout eBay for the RF kit that has make an offer.
you can sell the rf speaker to recoup some cost of replacing them. That's what I did as well as many others. They honestly aren't bad sounding speakers and have some good bass. But if you have anything decent uo front, they be overpowered pretty easy.

Old 11-21-2020, 06:01 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

Damnit tell her to get over it she can’t see if when she’s riding anyway. 😂😂

Old 11-21-2020, 07:46 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FrenchieM
Damnit tell her to get over it she can’t see if when she’s riding anyway. 😂😂

you can tell her that the next time you see her, lol. But when it comes to somethings I am the same way.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:02 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 548 Likes on 445 Posts

The only thing about non RF lids, is the the speaker sits so far down into the lid.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:12 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

you can tell her that the next time you see her, lol. But when it comes to somethings I am the same way.

Haha I’ll pass on that but I get it

Quick Reply: Anyone use these lids?