Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aquatic AV stereo bad reception

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Harley1004
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 467 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
What amp depends on which speakers you go with. Post a budget and how many speakers you're thinking of and what locations and guys here will get you going in the right direction.
Sounds good. I will continue this thread with you guys come spring. Wisconsin riding season is over, and I need rotor cuff repair. Hope to be well enough come spring to return to riding. Thanks for the reply.......Knowledge is Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2020, 07:59 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Your rotors are bad? Are they picking your bike up? lol

I had mine done last spring. My bicep head tendon was almost completely torn and the subscapularis tendon also had a tear. Also had a bone spur removed and arthritis scraped and cleaned up. Not bad really. Was in a sling for a few weeks...well I was stubborn and hated it...lol 10 sessions of PT and I was back to lifting weights in about 2 months. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Harley1004 (11-13-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 01:36 PM
Harley1004
Club Member

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Your rotors are bad? Are they picking your bike up? lol

I had mine done last spring. My bicep head tendon was almost completely torn and the subscapularis tendon also had a tear. Also had a bone spur removed and arthritis scraped and cleaned up. Not bad really. Was in a sling for a few weeks...well I was stubborn and hated it...lol 10 sessions of PT and I was back to lifting weights in about 2 months. Good luck.
I already had one surgery, the biceptinisus repair. Unfortunately for me, my orthopedic must not have looked at the MRI radiological report to well. My subscapularis tendon has got over a 2 mm Complete thickness tear, that he didn’t repair. So guess what, I’m going in for a second surgery! I’m not real happy.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

Harley1004 Trigeezer has a good plan for you. When I tried some LED lights up front they fried my FM reception.

Another thing to ask is what type of antenna do you have? If it is a short stubby one a longer antenna may help. Also you might want to check the FM sensitivity rating on the spec sheet of your head unit. Most reputable manufacturers will give the rating in dBf which is short for decibel femtowatts. The lower the number the more sensitive the tuner is. If it is anything above ten or eleven the tuner just may not be very sensitive.

I live in a rural area so when I buy head units for my trucks I try not to go above 8 dBf. Anything higher than that I have found don't work good for me. The thing is I think once when I looked at the specs of an Aquatic AV head unit they did not list the FM sensitivity rating, which made me sort of suspicious.

Harley1004 (06-26-2021)
Old 11-10-2020, 12:23 PM
Harley1004
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
Harley1004 Trigeezer has a good plan for you. When I tried some LED lights up front they fried my FM reception.

Another thing to ask is what type of antenna do you have? If it is a short stubby one a longer antenna may help. Also you might want to check the FM sensitivity rating on the spec sheet of your head unit. Most reputable manufacturers will give the rating in dBf which is short for decibel femtowatts. The lower the number the more sensitive the tuner is. If it is anything above ten or eleven the tuner just may not be very sensitive.

I live in a rural area so when I buy head units for my trucks I try not to go above 8 dBf. Anything higher than that I have found don't work good for me. The thing is I think once when I looked at the specs of an Aquatic AV head unit they did not list the FM sensitivity rating, which made me sort of suspicious.
well that definitely makes some good common sense. I was radio communications and radar when I was in the military a lot of years ago so I understand DB,FM & AM And single side ban modulation. I really didn’t think LED lights would affect an FM signal, but when I get the bike out again next year in the spring, my first step I think it’s going to be to disconnect all the LED lights and go for a spin. Next, I will let you all know what kind of amplifier I have. It’s not real big, and if it is a class D, I will be upgrading to a class A/B or At least class C,the first chance I get. I need a four channel amplifier anyway, I have the two channel amplifier run in for speakers two speakers each in parallel. I appreciate your input, I will pick up this thread next spring when I get after figuring out what’s wrong with the reception. Once again thank you, and remember, knowledge is power

Old 11-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley1004
well that definitely makes some good common sense. I was radio communications and radar when I was in the military a lot of years ago so I understand DB,FM & AM And single side ban modulation. I really didn’t think LED lights would affect an FM signal, but when I get the bike out again next year in the spring, my first step I think it’s going to be to disconnect all the LED lights and go for a spin. Next, I will let you all know what kind of amplifier I have. It’s not real big, and if it is a class D, I will be upgrading to a class A/B or At least class C,the first chance I get. I need a four channel amplifier anyway, I have the two channel amplifier run in for speakers two speakers each in parallel. I appreciate your input, I will pick up this thread next spring when I get after figuring out what’s wrong with the reception. Once again thank you, and remember, knowledge is power
Just a quick note you will have to stick with a class D amp. They are the only ones that are efficient enough power wise for the motorcycle charging system to support. That being said there are a few class D amps that do not interfere with FM reception. I don't know about all of them but a couple that come to mind are the Arc 600.4 or the less expensive Stinger SPX 700.4. I use the Arc myself and like it a lot. If you don't think you need 150 watts per channel the Stinger is a proven player on these forums.

Good luck.

Harley1004 (11-13-2020)
Old 06-26-2021, 08:49 PM
Harley1004
Club Member

Well, surgery went good. Shoulder is fixed up I’m almost ready to go back to work. Second surgery went well! Yay. I did find the source for my FM signal, it was the ark audio amplifier that I was running. I now have the diamond 600 with cd 6.5 in speakers front and back. Removed air temp gauge and oil pressure gauge and installed tweeters in there spot. System sounds really good. No more interference with FM signal. Oh, and by the way, I’m not worried about that stupid oil pressure gauge. I run a Baisley spring which gives me 55 PSI cold start, 55psi psi hot and running 3000 RPM, and18 psi at hot idle. Plus, if the oil pressure ever drops too low, the bikes got an idiot light. Thanks for your guys help, have a good summer, and remember,….Knowledge is Power

zigyblu (07-04-2021)