Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHIM+HD Sena Vs. stand alone B.T comms?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 08:16 AM
Tez_14_2000
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHIM+HD Sena Vs. stand alone B.T comms?

Hey guys.

I'm pretty new to the forum and have been looking around for info on this but can't find anything hi g specific on this-

I have a 2020 RGS. I was going to get Bluetooth coms for the wife and I but I'm torn between paying the money for the WHIM and two HD Sena headsets (undecided on 20or 30s... But that's for later), or should I just get two headsets and not bother with the WHIM. This would also give me more options for the headset brand because I'm not stuck with HD Sena options.... I'm guessing mayb pactalk if I go down that road....

So what I need to work out is what features do you lose when not tied into the bike with WHIM.

Am I right in saying without the WHIM two BT headsets can still talk and also stream Spotify music from the phone and answer calls?

With the WHIM I can tie into the DAB radio on the bike, use the voice commands and get the nav thru the headset too if I wanted.

I like having the option of listening to DAB thru the headset and being able to maximise the functions available if I had the WHIM and HD senas but I've heard some saying headsets can work better on their own...

Is there anyone here who has experience in this topic and can shed some light and opinions on this?

Cheers lads.

Terry.

Northern Ireland.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:58 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

I just believe in doing things right the first time, i went WHIM and the 20s evos from day one, never had a single issue and it all works seamlessly, how the work around stuff works i have no idea.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:39 AM
fordhd2005
Road Master
Received 165 Likes on 121 Posts

I'm pretty new to the forum and have been looking around for info on this but can't find anything hi g specific on this- There is a lot of specific info on this forum. The best way to find it is google, then select more HD Forum results.

"should I just get two headsets and not bother with the WHIM." Depends on if you want the headset to connect to the bike. This would also give me more options for the headset brand because I'm not stuck with HD Sena options.... I'm guessing mayb pactalk if I go down that road.... Other headsets will work but the Harley branded Sena's are the only headsets that will provide stereo sound vs mono.

So what I need to work out is what features do you lose when not tied into the bike with WHIM. Prompts from the bike won't come through the headset. Intercom won't work or the voice functions.

Am I right in saying without the WHIM two BT headsets can still talk and also stream Spotify music from the phone and answer calls? Yes

With the WHIM I can tie into the DAB radio on the bike, use the voice commands and get the nav thru the headset too if I wanted. Yes (I think, I don't know what DAB is)