Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I Get the Flash NOW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 04:10 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by scooper321
You know, I mentioned AHB and I looked further at their devices. They aren't actually level converters. They just put the high level signals on RCA's. The say on their website that if you need level conversion you need to get level converters in addition to theirs. Or, perhaps I totally missed seeing their level converters? One nice thing the BT355's have over the PAC line converters is plug-and-play with the head unit. I'm not afraid of wiring, but if I can plug in a connector instead of stripping and soldering, I'm all for that! Can you point me to the AHB level converters?
It doesn't look like they even make the ones i have anymore, you should call them, all I know is all I did was remove the BT355's(i was running 2) and plug in the AHB adapters(one front one rear), no more muffled compressed sounding speakers, and I thought it sounded pretty good to with the Bt LLers. I didn't touch any other settings. i have since though lol i messed with the BT's a lot, never really could get them to sound like i wanted.

looks like this is what they have now, I'd do this and the flash they recommend, for both front and rear channels. https://www.americanhardbag.com/coll...ket-amplifiers

Last edited by mikes300; 08-18-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:00 PM
scooper321
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes300
It doesn't look like they even make the ones i have anymore, you should call them, all I know is all I did was remove the BT355's(i was running 2) and plug in the AHB adapters(one front one rear), no more muffled compressed sounding speakers, and I thought it sounded pretty good to with the Bt LLers. I didn't touch any other settings. i have since though lol i messed with the BT's a lot, never really could get them to sound like i wanted.

looks like this is what they have now, I'd do this and the flash they recommend, for both front and rear channels. https://www.americanhardbag.com/coll...ket-amplifiers
Thanks. I saw those. They still have high signals on RCA's. I don't know that all the amps like that. They expect low levels on RCA's. We thought picking the components took time! The physical connectivity issues are a way bigger PITA. LOL

Old 08-18-2020, 09:39 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by scooper321
Thanks. I saw those. They still have high signals on RCA's. I don't know that all the amps like that. They expect low levels on RCA's. We thought picking the components took time! The physical connectivity issues are a way bigger PITA. LOL
I’m running the Focal FDP sport amp(and a small soundstream) they work great for me. I have heard some amps don’t work with them