Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding amp for 10 flhtcu

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 08:20 AM
Chris Billman
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
I like those adapters personally. Better made and opens the doors for a variety of different speakers that otherwise would take a bit of work to fit.
Thanks Sbates08. I think I'm going to try and sell the speakers and just pick up some mmats 601.cx. I have read pretty good reviews on them and travelingypsye recommended them. Im going to try the stinger amp. And see how those work in the fairing and tour pack. Do those speakers compare to the focal, Beymar, diamond, or ground zero speakers? I want to get the best bang for my buck. Ahould I stick with the 601.cx or at for those other brands also?

Old 07-23-2020, 08:31 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Billman
Thanks Sbates08. I think I'm going to try and sell the speakers and just pick up some mmats 601.cx. I have read pretty good reviews on them and travelingypsye recommended them. Im going to try the stinger amp. And see how those work in the fairing and tour pack. Do those speakers compare to the focal, Beymar, diamond, or ground zero speakers? I want to get the best bang for my buck. Ahould I stick with the 601.cx or at for those other brands also?
That's probably the best move you can make. Those 601cx are really good. Compare to Beyma or GZ....not even in the same ballpark and the cost associated to make those speakers shine is in a different ballpark as well. That's why the Stinger and 601cx combo is such a great bang for the buck.

For speaker adapter use the Metra 82-9601.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:36 AM
Chris Billman
Novice

That's probably the best move you can make. Those 601cx are really good. Compare to Beyma or GZ....not even in the same ballpark and the cost associated to make those speakers shine is in a different ballpark as well. That's why the Stinger and 601cx combo is such a great bang for the buck.

For speaker adapter use the Metra 82-9601.

Thanks man.
Those are the adapters I ordered. They will be here tomorrow. Im going to order that stinger and 601.cxs also.. thank you. Is that all I need? I'm going to use an aquatics hu. Not sure if i need line converters or a ds whatever. Lol like I said, I know nothing about any of this. But I keep hearing people ask about line levelers and converters and dsp or dsr. Not sure.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:39 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Have you already bought the Aquatics?

Old 07-23-2020, 08:44 AM
Chris Billman
Novice

Have you already bought the Aquatics?
no I have not bought it yet. But was going to in the next day or so.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:45 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

no I have not bought it yet.
Don't!!!! Let me get you some suggestions together for HU's.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:59 AM
Chris Billman
Novice

Don't!!!! Let me get you some suggestions together for HU's.
Is the aquatics not a good one? I liked it because it's plug and play, fits in without and manipulation and retains handlebar controls. If you recommend one that's better in the same price range or lower, ill definitely take your advice.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:07 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Is the aquatics not a good one? I liked it because it's plug and play, fits in without and manipulation and retains handlebar controls. If you recommend one that's better in the same price range or lower, ill definitely take your advice.
Bates is correct on the aquatic hu. They are hit and miss on quality and have a tendency to go south within months of operation. He beat me to the draw about not buying it. I use Sony mex100m but Bates has a Kenwood model that he really likes. i haven't used it but if Bates says it is good then that is gospel.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:15 AM
Chris Billman
Novice

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Bates is correct on the aquatic hu. They are hit and miss on quality and have a tendency to go south within months of operation. He beat me to the draw about not buying it. I use Sony mex100m but Bates has a Kenwood model that he really likes. i haven't used it but if Bates says it is good then that is gospel.
ok. Good to know. Originally I was going to pick up the sony head unit but someone recommended the aquatics. And I like what it had to offer. But im not set on it. And I dont like what it has to offer if it only offers for a couple months lol. Im really happy to know that I am in good hands with you guys. I truly appreciate all of your guys' help.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:27 AM
Chris Billman
Novice

Are these tms6sg speakers any good? Is this package worth looking at? Its also all ready to go. Or are the speakers not comparable to the 601.cx. I can get the package without the speakers, and buy the 601s separately, if the radio Is something you guys would recommend.

Quick Reply: Need help finding amp for 10 flhtcu