Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are RF TMS5 Speakers Discounted Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 05:43 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,657 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Default Are RF TMS5 Speakers Discounted Anywhere?

Are Rockford-Fosgate (RF) TMS5 speakers available anywhere for a discount? Every place I look, they seem to be for sale at MSRP.
I currently have:
RF PMX-HD9813 head unit
RF T165 front speakers
RF T152 tour-pak speakers
RF PBR300X4 amp (not installed)
Basically, the Bagger Nation Ultra Supreme System, but I purchased it online a part at a time.
Anyways, the T152 speakers don't properly fit in the speaker pods, unless you cut/trim the speaker covering, which I don't want to do. The frame of the T152 speakers is very thick.
It looks like the RF TMS5 speakers would fit much better. Any recommendations on where I could purchase these at a price below MSRP?
I'm sure there are other speakers that sound better, cheaper, etc. But I'm just more comfortable sticking with one manufacturer for the complete system and these speakers are made to fit in the tour-pak.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:24 PM
Mxpilot
Road Captain
Received 536 Likes on 203 Posts

If you’re talking about TMS57 (5x7”), my only suggestion is EBay. There are 2 sellers that are offering them at MSRP “or Best Offer”. See what you can get a set there for. I’m looking at those and find the same thing. I don’t really NEED them, they’d mostly be bragging rights, but would fix a couple physical issues I have with my current brand.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:51 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mxpilot
If you’re talking about TMS57 (5x7”), my only suggestion is EBay.
I was interested in the 5-1/4" TMS5 speakers. I ended up just ordering them from J&P Cycle for $299.99, which is a small savings.

Last edited by LQQK_OUT; 07-20-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:14 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I was interested in the 5-1/4" TMS5 speakers. I ended up just ordering them from J&P Cycle for $299.99, which is a small savings.
I just don't understand why guys throw out good money for garbage. Please guys, educate yourselves. That's what this forum is for.

The following users liked this post:
eaglefan1 (07-29-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 09:57 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
I just don't understand why guys throw out good money for garbage. Please guys, educate yourselves. That's what this forum is for.
One man's garbage is another man's treasure!
It's really quite simple.
1. I wanted all the components from one manufacturer.
2. I wanted a speaker that was guaranteed to fit into the speaker pod on the tour-pak without having to cut and/or modify anything.
3. I wanted a speaker that was weather and water resistant.
4. I wanted a speaker where the grill/cover doesn't stick out to far on the tour-pak speaker pods since I do a fair amount of traveling with a T-Bags backseat dresser bag and I didn't want any interference between the speaker grill and the luggage.

I'd be curious to see a speaker test after the speaker was installed on a motorcycle and the motorcycle has been left outside in the elements (sun, heat, rain, etc) for a couple of months.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:52 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

One man's garbage is another man's treasure!
It's really quite simple.
1. I wanted all the components from one manufacturer.
2. I wanted a speaker that was guaranteed to fit into the speaker pod on the tour-pak without having to cut and/or modify anything.
3. I wanted a speaker that was weather and water resistant.
4. I wanted a speaker where the grill/cover doesn't stick out to far on the tour-pak speaker pods since I do a fair amount of traveling with a T-Bags backseat dresser bag and I didn't want any interference between the speaker grill and the luggage.

I'd be curious to see a speaker test after the speaker was installed on a motorcycle and the motorcycle has been left outside in the elements (sun, heat, rain, etc) for a couple of months.
I completely understand your rationale but it doesn't change the fact that you gave $300 for something that's worth $25 just because of the name on it. There's plenty of speakers that fit that bill for a 1/3 of the cost. Plenty of 6.5" speakers that fit that bill that would drop right in without any mods, but that's your dime not mine. Exactly why I made the remark "Educate yourself".

And I am by no means bashing you so please don't take it that way. Been in the Audio game for quite some time and I just tend to see things from a different perspective.

Last edited by SBates08; 07-20-2020 at 10:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LQQK_OUT (07-21-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 11:38 AM
Burlaub1272
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RF speakers

Are Rockford-Fosgate (RF) TMS5 speakers available anywhere for a discount? Every place I look, they seem to be for sale at MSRP.
I currently have:
RF PMX-HD9813 head unit
RF T165 front speakers
RF T152 tour-pak speakers
RF PBR300X4 amp (not installed)
Basically, the Bagger Nation Ultra Supreme System, but I purchased it online a part at a time.
Anyways, the T152 speakers don't properly fit in the speaker pods, unless you cut/trim the speaker covering, which I don't want to do. The frame of the T152 speakers is very thick.
It looks like the RF TMS5 speakers would fit much better. Any recommendations on where I could purchase these at a price below MSRP?
I'm sure there are other speakers that sound better, cheaper, etc. But I'm just more comfortable sticking with one manufacturer for the complete system and these speakers are made to fit in the tour-pak.
I will have some for sale this week. Let me know if you are interested in them.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:17 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Burlaub1272
I will have some for sale this week. Let me know if you are interested in them.
Thank you, but I already ordered them from J&P Cycles. Actually installed them last Thursday. They sound pretty good to me.