Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New system advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 06:39 PM
TreyDoe
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New system advice

2015 RG
CVO 6.5
Line out converter
Power Acoustik RZ4 2000
RF DSR1
Diamond Mspro65 and M1srt horns

Just working on the front four for now. Trying to figure out the best way to wire the speakers.

Best to dedicate each speaker to each of the four channels or should I be bridging either of them?

So for the DSR1 thinking just run the Front outputs to the 6.5’s and Rear outputs to the horns for tunes for tuneability?

I have a general knowledge of audio but some of the finer points still seem to elude me. Any tips/common mistakes for this type of setup appreciated.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:14 PM
TreyDoe
2nd Gear

Thanks

Old 07-21-2020, 11:17 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

No problem man.. Glad we could help

Old 07-21-2020, 06:07 PM
TreyDoe
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
No problem man.. Glad we could help
lmao this ****ing clown. The irony of this place huh?

Old 07-21-2020, 07:40 PM
TreyDoe
2nd Gear

Imagine a place you could group a bunch of knowledgeable motherfkrs together and in that same place help less knowledgeable motherfkrs....we could call it a group....or like a club maybe..... or even better yet a forum

pointed here about some real knowledge in this place but in trying to learn something guess I asked a stupid question and people only got smart *** comments. Guess you paying to be an “Elite” smart ***

Old 07-21-2020, 08:21 PM
scooper321
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 80 Posts

Don't have any experience with any of those components. But as a general rule, I'd run all the speakers on their own channels. If you bridge the horns together (or the speakers) you lose stereo sound. If you bridge the horn with the matching speaker you lose the ability to tune the horn and speaker individually. And you definitely want to tune them independently. That's the point of the DSP. So yeah, I'd run each speaker separately.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:34 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

awwwwwww somebody is a little butt hurt. a little recuperation h will help with that swelling

The following users liked this post:
Juice (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 10:29 AM
cyclone65
Cruiser
Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyDoe
Imagine a place you could group a bunch of knowledgeable motherfkrs together and in that same place help less knowledgeable motherfkrs....we could call it a group....or like a club maybe..... or even better yet a forum

pointed here about some real knowledge in this place but in trying to learn something guess I asked a stupid question and people only got smart *** comments. Guess you paying to be an “Elite” smart ***
It's the way of the internet now, unfortunately this forum has it's "clicks" much like High School, one thing I've found is that Google is a far better option than the "search" tab in this forum!

Old 07-22-2020, 11:52 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

That amp is overrated and under powered for those speaker. Plus not the best sound quality amp out there and will interfere with fm reception.

Those speaker are decent but with fz response of 110hz-10khz not the warmest speakers available.

The DSR1, I would throw it as far as you can and get a less expensive dayton 408 or for a bit more go with a DD DSI-2.

Those horns are nice and should be put on their own channels. maybe a little SD250.2

Juice

Old 07-22-2020, 11:55 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone65
It's the way of the internet now, unfortunately this forum has it's "clicks" much like High School, one thing I've found is that Google is a far better option than the "search" tab in this forum!

Did my response answer you question too? If not use google!! I think you can hit them up on messenger now.

Juice

Quick Reply: New system advice