Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn on Pop and TR-4

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 10:39 AM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
Some folks have found that certain amps are more sensitive to pulses than others. Lefty has the same head unit setup that I do and had the pops turning on and off with the Rockford amp. The SNI-1 ground loop isolators stopped the pops, but he found that when he switched to the Stinger amp he didn't need the ground loop isolators any more. He had no pops with the same head unit just a different amp that apparently had good input filtering.

In my case my DSP didn't introduce any pops, but when I experimented and plugged the head unit patch cables directly into the DSP the pops were worse than they had ever been. Plugged the isolators back in and all has been well through three different amps.

I guess since each build is different with different electrical systems on different sleds anything goes as far as noises, squeaks, and pops. The good news is there are so many aftermarket gadgets to deal with these scenarios they can usually be ironed out. Using the TR-4 to turn everything on and off I haven't had to adjust the turn on delay on my DSP at all.
I went back to retrace my steps and as I was typing an earlier message I remember saying that one of the two remote wires from the DSR remote out was just hanging. I went back, disconnected the pigtail and hooked both remote out wires up to the appropriate Amp. Turned on with the slightest of pop, but way better than yesterday. Definitely tolerable and non destructive. I'll give it a few more tests when I get off work.