Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronic's 4180, and 4 Mmatt speakers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 04:42 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

So, it's ordered, how is install? I have a pair of Stinger RCA's is all, (for the line levelers to amp) I'll be doing stock HU as mentioned above, Dayton 408, and two pair of speakers. Do I need more RCA cables or what? Does someone have any instructions or layout of how it hooks up please? Got a call into the place I ordered it from. No call back all day, that's frustrating...

Old 06-23-2020, 06:53 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
So, it's ordered, how is install? I have a pair of Stinger RCA's is all, (for the line levelers to amp) I'll be doing stock HU as mentioned above, Dayton 408, and two pair of speakers. Do I need more RCA cables or what? Does someone have any instructions or layout of how it hooks up please? Got a call into the place I ordered it from. No call back all day, that's frustrating...
Front speaker high level wires on the speaker side of the harness going into the fairing pods will go to PAC SNI. From PAC the RCAs go to DSP input. 2 is fine. Then 1,2,3,4 outfit to amp.

DSP
Black = Ground
Yellow = Pos
Red = remote turn in from sled acc
Blue = remote out which should connect to amps and their remote turn in.

T

Old 06-23-2020, 07:37 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Tailwind, how you been sir? So, with my stock HU, and BT Amp, will I need anything else to install this? Can you "Dumb" that down a little? What is PAC SNI? (Or is that simply my DSP in another brand?)

Last edited by JimTJr; 06-23-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:49 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Thanks Tailwind, how you been sir? So, with my stock HU, and BT Amp, will I need anything else to install this? Can you "Dumb" that down a little? What is PAC SNI? (Or is that simply my DSP in another brand?)
The PAC SNI-35(LOC) is a Line Out Converter that changes high level input to low level input (rca). You will need a total of 3 RCA's. One for input from the LOC to the DSP(inputs 1&2). One for output 1&2 on DSP to the front channels of the amp and one on output 3&4 on DSP to rear channels of the amp.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:43 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

SAWEET! Just went out to my garage to see what I had before BT offered the Line Levelers. That's exactly what they first gave us to run their amp. In my shop drawer I have two PAC SNI 35's. ONE with an HD plug on it. The other with wires out. If there are any printed instructions available. OR even a sketched lay out of how things are hooked up I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for all the bother, but really appreciate the help!
So it looks like I'll need to order another 18" Stinger RCA cable,, only have from the Line Levelers to amp right now.

Last edited by JimTJr; 06-23-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:45 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Can't explain it any simpler than what I did earlier. The harness for the DSP will have a bunch of speaker out wires in it that won't be used. Only black, yellow, red, and blue will be used.

The following users liked this post:
JimTJr (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 01:09 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
The PAC SNI-35(LOC) is a Line Out Converter that changes high level input to low level input (rca). You will need a total of 3 RCA's. One for input from the LOC to the DSP(inputs 1&2). One for output 1&2 on DSP to the front channels of the amp and one on output 3&4 on DSP to rear channels of the amp.
SAWEET! Just went out to my garage to see what I had before BT offered the Line Levelers. That's exactly what they first gave us to run their amp. In my shop drawer I have two PAC SNI 35's. ONE with an HD plug on it. The other with wires out. If there are any printed instructions available. OR even a sketched lay out of how things are hooked up I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for all the bother, but really appreciate the help!
So it looks like I'll need to order another 18" Stinger RCA cable,, only have from the Line Levelers to amp right now. But I have two PAC SNI 35s,, I only need one? I'm more and more confused the more I understand, LOL....

Old 06-23-2020, 01:50 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Can't explain it any simpler than what I did earlier. The harness for the DSP will have a bunch of speaker out wires in it that won't be used. Only black, yellow, red, and blue will be used.
well I thought I had it understood till you said three RCA. If I understand correctly. I’ll have two PAC? Which would theoretically give me a place for two more RCA’s. If I only need one SNI then how is that hooked up for two pair of speakers. Sorry for the frustration I’m causing. Hell I feel like a idiot not understanding easily. I’m Avionics’s and worked on the Phantom, F15’s and the B2 Stealth Bomber.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:06 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

well I thought I had it understood till you said three RCA. If I understand correctly. I’ll have two PAC? Which would theoretically give me a place for two more RCA’s. If I only need one SNI then how is that hooked up for two pair of speakers. Sorry for the frustration I’m causing. Hell I feel like a idiot not understanding easily. I’m Avionics’s and worked on the Phantom, F15’s and the B2 Stealth Bomber.
Ok.....unless you want to hook up the rear speaker inputs so you can have fade, you will only need 1 LOC. That gives you 2 inputs into the DSP (1 left input and 1 right input which gives you stereo). That uses 1 rca. From the DSP you'll use 1 rca to the front on the amp and 1 rca to the rear of the amp. That's a total of 3 rca.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:45 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Then I did understand the original point correct. I assumed that all four speakers would be hooked up and couldn’t see how you’d do that with only one converter. Is there a reason most wouldn’t hook all up. And have fade?

Quick Reply: Biketronic's 4180, and 4 Mmatt speakers!