Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PAC SNI - 35 Line output converter install ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 12:20 PM
coolbikeguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome .... what is the rear speaker harness they show used for ?? arent all the speakers now run from the sony and out through the amp ?? what about the factory antenna ... any idea of it fits into the sony ??

Old 06-16-2020, 12:49 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 842 Likes on 579 Posts

I ran new speaker wire to my rear speakers since I had the seat,tank and rear speakers out. The factory wires are thin. Sony rca's to the amp then Amp to the speakers.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:06 PM
coolbikeguy
Cruiser

thats what i was figuring as well. i gutted the com.and rear speaker harness from the bike. i never use it and gets rid of a ton of rats nest on the back bone .. lol

did your factory antenna fit into your aftermarket HU ??

Old 06-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by coolbikeguy
thats what i was figuring as well. i gutted the com.and rear speaker harness from the bike. i never use it and gets rid of a ton of rats nest on the back bone .. lol

did your factory antenna fit into your aftermarket HU ??
Yes it did.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:50 PM
coolbikeguy
Cruiser

its all ordered !!

sony mex 72 bt with install kit and factory controls pre-wired
stinger 700/4
mmat pa601cx
amp wiring kit
speaker adapters
rca cables
braided sleeving to hide wires

just doing front speakers for now.but with money saved going with the sony i may go ahead and either do lids and 6x9 or add another set of mmat 6.5 in the tour pack for when its on.

so far im into it for $881.00 not to bad

Old 06-16-2020, 02:18 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Since you are on the fence about future upgrades. Run a couple of extra sets of speaker wire and coil them up and hide them. It will save you time when you add lids or tour pak speakers. Also 4 gauge wire will allow you to run a 2nd amp later if you go that route.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:38 PM
coolbikeguy
Cruiser

i am going to run the speaker wire to the rear .... ill leave plenty incase i decide to go with lids. but i dont see a need for the 4 amp wire .... this will be plenty for me im sure ..... or will it ?? LOL

i just saw the fat head cycle double din bundle ........ hhmmmmmmmmm gears are turning ... LOL

Old 06-18-2020, 08:48 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

OP I've always thought that Sony package from Fathead was a good deal. If you decide to get a rain cover let us know what you get and how you like it. As far as the power wire goes it usually isn't hard to snake another set of 8 gauge wires if you need to.

Every time I think I might want to swap out my factory head unit I wind up using one of the stock Ultra features and decide to leave it in there for now. That Sony that you are looking at has an EXCELLENT FM tuner in it. That is my main complaint with the factory head units. FM reception isn't too great.

I have thought about that Sony double din package a time or two but then I think that is a whole lot of work for something that isn't truly waterproof. Also I have the three pouches along the bottom of my windshield and the Metra double din fairing has a large hump in the middle where the windshield bolts in that would prevent me from using those pouches.

Good luck.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:17 AM
2slow05
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the fathead cycles Sony radio with handle bar controls about a year now and haven’t had any issues thus far. It is really truly plug and play wiring. If you have and ultra I would recommend buying the harness from them that you can run the rear speakers. Go ahead and run the speaker wires for the rear speakers while you have the tank off. I wish I would have but I didn’t so it’s easy to do but just takes some time. The Sony app is nice and makes it pretty easy to tune it and see the curve.

I also have the stinger amp and it mounts nicely on top of the head unit with Velcro. I went ahead and ran a big zip tie around the amp and head unit so it doesn’t move at all.

Last edited by 2slow05; 06-18-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:22 AM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2slow05
I have the fathead cycles Sony radio with handle bar controls about a year now and haven’t had any issues thus far. It is really truly plug and play wiring. If you have and ultra I would recommend buying the harness from them that you can run the rear speakers. Go ahead and run the speaker wires for the rear speakers while you have the tank off. I wish I would have but I didn’t so it’s easy to do but just takes some time. The Sony app is nice and makes it pretty easy to tune it and see the curve.

I also have the stinger amp and it mounts nicely on top of the head unit with Velcro. I went ahead and ran a big zip tie around the amp and head unit so it doesn’t move at all.
What speakers did you go with?

Quick Reply: PAC SNI - 35 Line output converter install ??