Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Street Glide - plug-n-play (?) OEM to after-market amp wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 12:08 PM
Jpluisi
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2016 Street Glide - plug-n-play (?) OEM to after-market amp wiring harness

I am hopeful that you all can help me solve what seems to be a major hurdle for me. Other than buying a kit, like Rockford / ARC / Soundz Customz / Biketronics and others, I cannot find anyone that has the OEM harness that would allow me to make the connection from my 2016 HD SG w/Boom Box 6.5GT to an amp. I am looking at either going with Stinger or Mmats for amplification and the Mmats 601cx for the fairing speakers and pre-wire for the lids since that might be next year's project. I contacted Stinger and I am still waiting for a response but found nothing on their website and Mmats said they don't have a wiring harness as I mentioned, just kits for the amp install (power/speakers). I am also trying to be somewhat frugal in my spending but still have a nice sounding system.

Metra has one but it looks like a whole lot of cutting and splicing is involved and I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Am I unrealistic in thinking I can get this done in a more plug-n-play manner than cutting and splicing?

I welcome your suggestions.

Thank you.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:28 PM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You need the Biketronics BT355 line leveler. You will still need to run separate power, ground, and remote turn on wires for the amp.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:32 PM
ReDo
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

You either need a) a BikeTronics Line Leveler (as Stuntmeat said) OR b) a digital sound processor OR c) to have your head unit flashed (costs as much or more than a line leveler). The stock head unit puts out a bass heavy EQ that is not good for aftermarket amps or speakers. The BikeTronics line leveler will come with the necessary wiring to plug directly into your OEM connectors and is the most cost effective solution. A Digital Sound Processor gives the most control and growth potential, but it doesn’t sound like the route you are looking for.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:03 PM
sbeamer
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

American Hardbag or Garagebagger Audio has them. Be warned though, they are not cheap. Both are very nice products that I have purchased myself.
(I can remember buying cars for less than that)

Old 05-24-2020, 01:40 PM
Jpluisi
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. I wasn't intending on using BT355 because I can flash it.

To help me better process all of this is to see a picture of what connections/harnesses come in the box with the Mmats MD4110 and the Stinger SPX700X4. I'm pretty clear on wiring up the Amp's power/ground/remote turn-on and the overall wiring order (HU=>Amp=>Speaker).

Can someone share a picture of what's included in the box with the Mmats MD4110 and the Stinger SPX700X4? Their websites pics only show the amp, no wiring that might also be included, and we already know they are all high-level inputs and outputs.

My goal is to keep this as plug and play as possible and not cut any factory wiring.

Thank you.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:25 PM
Jake Symmons
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default same question i have

exactly the same question i need answered, hope some of the shops/gurus in here will chime in and give us an answer.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake Symmons
exactly the same question i need answered, hope some of the shops/gurus in here will chime in and give us an answer.
Plug and play is a marketing gimmick. What are u installing and these guys will assist.

T

Old 05-25-2020, 01:32 AM
Jake Symmons
Novice

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Plug and play is a marketing gimmick. What are u installing and these guys will assist. T
i am currently looking to buy 1 amp that will support 2 pairs of speakers, Fairing and lowers.

already flashed my Boom Head Unit by RF, so the EQ is flat.

who has Direct PnP Harness from Boom Head Unit to New Amp?

Old 05-25-2020, 02:17 AM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 211 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpluisi
I am hopeful that you all can help me solve what seems to be a major hurdle for me. Other than buying a kit, like Rockford / ARC / Soundz Customz / Biketronics and others, I cannot find anyone that has the OEM harness that would allow me to make the connection from my 2016 HD SG w/Boom Box 6.5GT to an amp. I am looking at either going with Stinger or Mmats for amplification and the Mmats 601cx for the fairing speakers and pre-wire for the lids since that might be next year's project. I contacted Stinger and I am still waiting for a response but found nothing on their website and Mmats said they don't have a wiring harness as I mentioned, just kits for the amp install (power/speakers). I am also trying to be somewhat frugal in my spending but still have a nice sounding system.

Metra has one but it looks like a whole lot of cutting and splicing is involved and I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Am I unrealistic in thinking I can get this done in a more plug-n-play manner than cutting and splicing?

I welcome your suggestions.

Thank you.
i just got a kit from Garage Bagger stereo it ain’t cheap but a real nice complete kit..Plug and Play Mmats Amplifiers 14-current stock
A true PNP wiring system for your stock Harley radio with the MMats Amplifiers No cutting to do, color coded, and labeled for an easy install
Kit Includes
4 Channel Plug and Play Mloc745
GBS Powert kit and inline fuse holder already assemlbed Saddlebag Harness or tour pak with quick disconnects
1 230.00

Old 05-25-2020, 07:39 AM
Jake Symmons
Novice

Originally Posted by Mac daddy 103
i just got a kit from Garage Bagger stereo it ain’t cheap but a real nice complete kit..Plug and Play Mmats Amplifiers 14-current stock
A true PNP wiring system for your stock Harley radio with the MMats Amplifiers No cutting to do, color coded, and labeled for an easy install
Kit Includes
4 Channel Plug and Play Mloc745
GBS Powert kit and inline fuse holder already assemlbed Saddlebag Harness or tour pak with quick disconnects
1 230.00
thanks for chime-ing in! exactly the kind of person i need to speak to.

can i bother u with more questions,
  1. what year is your bike?
  2. are u on the Boom GTS(19-20) or GT6.5 (18and earlier)
  3. were you previously using the Boom Stage 1 amp kit?
  4. did u do the install yourself? could i trouble u for a pic of the harness
  5. did u need to flash your head unit?
thank you very much in advance

Quick Reply: 2016 Street Glide - plug-n-play (?) OEM to after-market amp wiring harness