Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you add to this for more mid/bass?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 10:34 AM
glsec507
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes300
exactly what I would do, they are out there
I am looking right now actually. First couple that pop up are the Faital 6RS140 and the Beyma 6P200FE. Both run 8ohm so I could parallel them to 4 ohm. Both have their frequency range from 60 & 55 hz respectively. I was looking at those GZ yellow baskets but the impedance threw me off. 3.21 ohm? How do you run those?

I figured the quick easy change would be something like that in my fairing and move my mmats to my TP pods. Future ideas include 6x9s in the lids or find some 8 inch lower fairing pods. That mod may be too expensive though. 400+ just for the fairings.
I found an ebay ad for These lowers but it's the only one I've found and have no reviews or any talk of them to k ow if they're worth it.

​​​​​Then of course I'd need to sort out the amp situation to run it all. I just swapped my Pn4 for the Stinger and honestly I think I liked the Pn4 better. Maybe in my head but I feel the power I had with the Pn4 and the NVX was more impressive than it was after the Stinger install with the NVX.

Not sure how I'd run 8 speakers off two amps. Is 3 amps over kill? Aside from the power numbers being slightly different it seems most amps for this type of application offer the same amount of wiring options. Just depends on how many channels you get.

This is where I get kinda lost. When I have to start making sure it ALL works together.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:48 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

these are both an option and great sounding speakers. great bass for a 6.5 speaker.
https://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-...gend-ml1800_3/

https://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-...gend-ml1650_3/

Old 05-14-2020, 11:12 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Your best "Bass" response will come from speakers in the bags. If you have the same speaker in a lid vs inside the bag firing towards the wheel there is a big difference in sound/bass response. However, you will not really hear the speakers in the bags once you start rolling.

Juice

The following users liked this post:
c_mancuyas8 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 11:24 AM
glsec507
Tourer

Originally Posted by Juice
Your best "Bass" response will come from speakers in the bags. If you have the same speaker in a lid vs inside the bag firing towards the wheel there is a big difference in sound/bass response. However, you will not really hear the speakers in the bags once you start rolling.

Juice
And that would be great when stopped or riding slow for sure. But...
Will putting midrange/midbass speakers in your fairing or lower fairings not add lower end warmth to the sound? I don't necessarily want/need to "feel" the bass like one would in a car setup with subs. I just want a more pronounced lower end to the music. I listen to a lot of metal and rock and I want to hear more of the low tones in the vocals and guitars. Is that possible with changes up front? Or is the only way to get that is to add 8s or 10s to my bags? Am I making sense? Serious question from the motorcycle audio newb. As of now I am focusing my searches based off a speakers frequency range starting lower.

Old 05-14-2020, 01:13 PM
c_mancuyas8
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

The faital and Beyma you mentioned are great speakers Ive had both, Beyma are in now. I had to trim the 6.5 adapter to make it'd fit though the magnet is a monster. Either one will add some punch that you're looking. The Beyma plays louder and probably have to do some work to fit, faital fits flawlessly but not as loud

Old 05-14-2020, 01:24 PM
glsec507
Tourer

Originally Posted by c_mancuyas8
The faital and Beyma you mentioned are great speakers Ive had both, Beyma are in now. I had to trim the 6.5 adapter to make it'd fit though the magnet is a monster. Either one will add some punch that you're looking. The Beyma plays louder and probably have to do some work to fit, faital fits flawlessly but not as loud
How does the magnet effect the adapter ring? What kind of trimming are we talking? Thanks.

Old 05-14-2020, 01:28 PM
c_mancuyas8
Tourer

Originally Posted by glsec507
How does the magnet effect the adapter ring? What kind of trimming are we talking? Thanks.
The magnet hits the inside of the fairing and you won't be able to put it back on. I literally cut it in half and used shorter screws to mount it back

Old 05-14-2020, 01:30 PM
c_mancuyas8
Tourer

I will say if you're not wanting to go the pro audio route I did a review a couple weeks ago on the quantum cyclone it has a considerable amount more punch than the 601cx do and can take a ton of power for a coax

glsec507 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 01:30 PM
glsec507
Tourer

Originally Posted by c_mancuyas8
The magnet hits the inside of the fairing and you won't be able to put it back on. I literally cut it in half and used shorter screws to mount it back
Hmm ok. Don't know if I have the right tools to cut it like that "properly". Good to know tho thanks

Old 05-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by memphisharley
where are you crossing the yellow baskets.
thx
Its been awhile since I last tuned the GZ 8's...I am using a DD DSP so if I remember it was at the bottom end 60HZ with a 12 slope and top end 5 KHz with an 18 slope.

memphisharley (05-14-2020)

Quick Reply: What would you add to this for more mid/bass?