Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RCA thread of course!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Mhadley4
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCA thread of course!

Looking for some input. If I have a 4 channel amp bridged to front fairing woofers hooked up to a dsr1 I would want to run y splitter off front left dsr and rcas directly to the mmats front two channels rca. And same for front right correct?

Now take a 4 channel SD amp. If channels 1/2 are bridged. Since SD has single rca ports I could y split the amp 1/2 ports and y split the dsr ports to still have stereo over the bridges 2 channels? Or would you directly run two seperate rca outputs off the dsp and have one plugging into channel 1 and the other plugging into channel 2?
channel 3 being a set of tweets and channel 4 being a seperate set of different tweets. Would you y split channel 3 and 4 at the amp and y split two separate outputs at the dsr to control 3 and 4 seperate?

Trying to understand exactly all the different information out there on rca hookups.

thanks!

Old 05-11-2020, 07:35 AM
glsec507
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The way I am reading your post it sounds like you have the DSR-1 between your amp and your speakers. It should be between the HU and the AMP. Headunit > DSR-1 > AMP > Speakers

Old 05-11-2020, 01:07 PM
Mhadley4
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glsec507
The way I am reading your post it sounds like you have the DSR-1 between your amp and your speakers. It should be between the HU and the AMP. Headunit > DSR-1 > AMP > Speakers

no sir it’s definitely between head unit and amp. Let me see if this is any better here!!

so from the dsr1 to the amps

front fairing has components. I have fairing woofers bridged on a 4110. I would run a y splitter on the 2 front channels off the amp and a y splitter off the 2 rear channels of the amp. Then a single rca from that splitter to the left front output on dsr. And single from the other splitter to the right front dsr output.

I have a 4 channel that runs lids bridged to 2 channels. Channel 3 is on a set of tweets and channel 4 is on a set of different tweets in bags. On this amp I would run a single rca from dsr left rear to channel 1 on amp. A single rca from dsr right rear to channel 2 on amp. Completing the bridged set of channels.

now since I’ve used up 4 outputs off the dsr is it possible to run a single rca from say output 5 of the dsr 1 to one set of the tweets on channel 3 and the other output 6 to the channel 4 on the amp to tune the two tweeters separately since they aren’t the same tweeters? This here is where my biggest question was at.

last I have a 1600 going to two 10s in bags. I’m assuming this will be simple with running output 7 and output 8 “left and right subwoofer” to a y splitter at the 1600.

im thinking I’m correct on most of this outside of the 4 channel amp that I have bridged 2 channels for lids. And channel 3 and 4 being used for different speakers.

thanks for your response. Sorry for the confusion!