Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tweeters For Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 03:10 PM
PC Novice
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tweeters For Streetglide

I new to audio so here's my question...
I currently have a 2019 Streetglide Special with J&M Rokker Extreme 4 Speaker and 630 Watt Amp mounted on top of my factory radio amp.
I like my setup and do not want to change it but I would like just a little more sound for my front. I was told that I could just add 2 tweeters in the front to go where my mirrors once was (the J&M speakers come with mounted tweeters)
So my questions are...
1. Is this doable?
2. Do I have to add another amp to power them?
3. Any suggestions on which tweeters are of good value?
Thanks.

Old 05-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 842 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by PC Novice
I new to audio so here's my question...
I currently have a 2019 Streetglide Special with J&M Rokker Extreme 4 Speaker and 630 Watt Amp mounted on top of my factory radio amp.
I like my setup and do not want to change it but I would like just a little more sound for my front. I was told that I could just add 2 tweeters in the front to go where my mirrors once was (the J&M speakers come with mounted tweeters)
So my questions are...
1. Is this doable?
2. Do I have to add another amp to power them?
3. Any suggestions on which tweeters are of good value?
Thanks.
Wouldn't be better to just replace the speakers that don't sound good. A lot easier to deal with the issue than mask it.

Old 05-04-2020, 03:50 PM
PC Novice
Intermediate

I like the way my speakers sound so not trying to replace, just add a little more volume

Old 05-04-2020, 03:54 PM
packmen21
Banned
Received 88 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by PC Novice
I like the way my speakers sound so not trying to replace, just add a little more volume
+1

Old 05-04-2020, 04:49 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

Get your tweeters, hook them up however you want and maybe it'll mess up your system and you can upgrade the entire system for half the price of j&m and get all the volume you desire

Last edited by decencyxdefied; 05-04-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:01 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Get your tweeters, hook them up however you want and maybe it'll mess of you system and you can upgrade the entire system for half the price of j&m and get all the volume you desire
Another one bought the snake oil.

Old 05-04-2020, 07:38 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 842 Likes on 579 Posts

Oh boy, I am happy with how it sounds but I want to change it. But I guess when you drop 2500 on a system you want to like it.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:25 PM
PC Novice
Intermediate

FYI...the system was given to me. Not asking for harsh personal opinions just asking if tweeters can be hooked up, if not adding for knowledge sake you can keep the personal opinions to yourself, thanks. Damn, I'm trying to get help here not criticism, I thought this is what this forum was for HELP.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:41 PM
ReDo
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

I think that you have a few options for tweeters/horns that can mound where your mirrors were. Hertz ST25s, Diamond Audio MO75Ts and Beyma SQL60s are all good. I have personally used ST25s and MO75Ts. I haven’t had the Beyma SQL60s personally, but I hear good things. As for powering them, I would suggest putting them on their own amp. I’m using an SD400.4 EvoX for my horns but the SD250.2s are very good for horns.

The part I don’t know is how you will get power to the Horn amp connecting into the J&M setup. Generally, you would use a Digital Sound Processor (DSP) between the Head Unit (HU) and amp(s). The head unit sends the sound signal to the DSP, the DSP shapes the sound, sends it to the Amp(s), the Amp(s) amplify the sound and send it to the speakers. With the J&M system, as I recall, the amp connects directly to the HU. They used to require a HU flash to get a reasonably usable signal from the HU. I assume that they still are, then the amp just amplifies the relatively flat EQ and sends it on to the speakers. You may have to check with the J&M folks to see how you could add horns. They were helpful folks back when I used them in 2013-2015.

They guys here don’t mean to be mean or judgemental... I don’t think. They just forget sometimes that all the years of research they have done has gotten them to where they are, and knowing what they know now, they wouldn’t chose a J&M (or any plug-and-play) setup because in the last few years a LOT of options have emerged in the motorcycle audio world that enable us to (sometimes) spend less and generally get a higher quality and louder sound system vs going with the plug and play units. And, sometimes they forget that when you don’t know a ton about motorcycle audio, but just want louder and clearer than the **** the motor co puts in these things the options can be overwhelming and there is a definite draw and value to getting a plug and play system that you can trust.

Lots of words here, but I hope it’s helpful. If you do decide that you want something else, start a thread with your budget, type of riding, the sound experience you are looking for and the type of music you generally listen to and you’ll get some good advise here.

Good Luck!

Old 05-05-2020, 05:46 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

To answer you question easily. Yes, yes you can. You can definitely hook up tweets. If that's all you wanna do go for it.

I am not one of the ones who knows a lot but I've been here for years. I'm not poppin up on thefiret say asking if I can hook this red wire to that black wire. Of course I can but what will the outcome be?

You can hook up any speaker to any Amp. It doesn't take much to beat j&m. You might get your desired outcome while leaving soo much more on the table. It's like choosing to use lube with your girl or doing 2 mins of work for a squirt....

You should also know that this is a group of alllll kinds of people. not everyone is going to hold you hand as you sit back and wait for someone to answer every question you have. Suck it up

The following users liked this post:
jester0618 (05-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Tweeters For Streetglide