Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tweeters For Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 05:48 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

No opinion on them is harsh it's just fact man. J&m will gladly sell you other stuff tho, I'm sure the dude is lurking around here

Old 05-05-2020, 09:33 AM
PC Novice
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank u slim for the help, much appreciated. I know there are better systems out there and folks have lots of opinions, and asking for audio advice can open wounds for some. The system was given to me and since I am a newbie to this audio world I was happy with the fact that all I had to do was plug it in and it worked but also sounds great. I just was curious if adding tweeters would give me just a notch or two more volume when on the highway. When I get a little more audio know how under my belt im sure I will revamp my system but for now I will just work with what I got. Thanks again :-)

Old 05-05-2020, 09:41 AM
PC Novice
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

@decencyxdefied I'm not waiting for any hand holding, just asking a question...that's what this group is for correct? BTW, there's a saying...if your answer is not valuable or providing any direction in a HELP FORUM, please move on to the next subject. Oh,btw, not being harsh, just my opinion :-)

Old 05-05-2020, 09:46 AM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 842 Likes on 579 Posts

Well the cheaper and easier fix is to replace the J&M speaker with the Mmats 601.4cx vs tweeters an amp and mirror relocation. Just running the tweeters parallel will not give you any control over the ear piercing high. If the Mmats dont work out you can sell them easily in the classifieds. Good Luck

Old 05-05-2020, 10:42 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

someones banana hammock is a little tight. see fireballs reply above. just replace it and move on to bigger and better things instead of crying on here about people not giving you the answer you want to hear. Or just do what you want to do, reply with you results so we can say told ya so.. We are giving you the help you need you just don't like it and that falls on you stop crying and move on and start a valuable topic..thannnnnnnnnnks

Old 05-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 842 Likes on 579 Posts

I know you dont want to hear it but read this. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...real-deal.html

Last edited by Fireball Jack; 05-05-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:58 PM
ReDo
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by PC Novice
Thank u slim for the help, much appreciated. I know there are better systems out there and folks have lots of opinions, and asking for audio advice can open wounds for some. The system was given to me and since I am a newbie to this audio world I was happy with the fact that all I had to do was plug it in and it worked but also sounds great. I just was curious if adding tweeters would give me just a notch or two more volume when on the highway. When I get a little more audio know how under my belt im sure I will revamp my system but for now I will just work with what I got. Thanks again :-)
Happy to help!

Judgemental/hostile/condescending tones aside, the guys suggesting that you pull the entire J&M system out and replace it... they are trying to help too.

Their main point is that if you do what you asked about and just add tweeters, you’ll need to buy an amp and tweeters. Good tweeters are $200+ and the SD400.4 EvoX amp (for example) to power them is about $240. Then you’ll need misc wiring and whatever else might be required to connect into the J&M or head unit to get an input to the amp. Let’s say all this is $500 total. For about $180 you can get a Stinger 700 4 channel amp on Amazon, then for $200 you get 2 PA 601CX 6.5s MMats, an $85 Bikertronics Line Leveler, plus some misc wire you’ve spent about the same $ and you will be MUCH happier with the system overall. You could then sell your J&M setup (probably not on this forum) and recoup some of your $. If you were willing/able to spend a little more, step up to the new SD800.4 amp instead of the Stinger 700 and you’d have a GREAT setup that would blow the J&M away in both volume and clarity and give you options to add horns or lowers or lids later on the same amp if you wanted to get even more sound (the Stinger can drive all of those as well, but in my opinion the SD amps are just the best thing going right now).

In short, I agree that sometimes the tone on this forum is not always positive or educational... can be condescending... the point they are making is actually valid and you would be happier in the end if you do what they are suggesting.

It is your bike and your $ though, so do what you want brother. And keep posting, as you get to know these guys a little better you’ll come to understand that they aren’t being mean or judging you... they are cutting through a lot of crap and giving you the real in less words than I’m using.

good luck, and feel free to PM me if I can help.