Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cavalry or Cavalry Lite Helmet question........

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 01:36 PM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 3,275 Likes on 1,342 Posts
Default Cavalry or Cavalry Lite Helmet question........

I am very very interested in purchasing a set of the Sena Cavalry or Cavalry Lite Helmets but have a few questions. Can my wife and I listen to our own different Spotify stations from our own cell phones yet still have the intercom feature available to use at the same time? We have very different tastes in music but want to be able to talk to each other while we're on trips. I'm hoping we don't have to use the "Music Share" function to be able to use the intercom AND listen to music at the same time. Does anyone out there have a set of these helmet that can answer this for me? I posted the question to Sena Support on their website, but sounds like their store may be shut down due to.......... you know..........THE VIRUS!

Also, if you have either one of these helmets, what is your opinion of them and how long have you had them?

Thanks for the input ya'll......

Last edited by MotoJockey; 03-21-2020 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:19 AM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member

Nevermind, here's the answer I got back from Sena...........

Agent #06, Mar 22, 7:50 AM PDT:

Hi MJ,

Thank you for contacting Sena tech support.

Yes, you can listen to your own music on your helmets but cannot have intercom and music at the same time since the cavalry doesn't have the audio multitasking feature but you can do music sharing.

Thank you,
Ren
Sena Tech Support Dept.
www.sena.com
www.buysena.com

Old 04-05-2020, 07:59 PM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member

Ok, so here's the outcome. This whole quest started when I saw an ad for HD's Bluetooth Half Helmet and got interested to see if they would do what I wanted. After striking out at Sena on the Cavalry, I called and talked to HD's Tech Support for a while about whether or not I would be able to do what I want, (Wife listening to her stuff, me listening to mine, and chat on the intercom when wanted), he told me he THOUGHT we could do that but couldn't find it in writing anywhere in the manual. The best piece of info he gave me was, "If you buy them on the HD Online Store and they don't do what you want, you can return them. If you buy a helmet at a store, there is a "No Return" policy so you are stuck with them". So, I ordered a set, got them the other day, had a minute to sit down with them and play around, and I'll be damned!, they do what I want! And they really don't sound bad at all when you put the ear muff/sound deflectors on! Have to try them on the road to see how well the intercom sounds at speed yet though and that will be a minute. Unfortunately, the sizes we ordered were off. We need to return one of them to get her an XS, but that's a nothing burger........

So, point is, the Sena Cavalry or Cavalry Lite will not do what I was looking to do but the HD Boom! Half Helmet does. Plus, if I choose, I can get the WHIM later to interface with the my Boom Box. Barring any really bad experience on the upcoming road test, I'm one happy Sumbitch!