Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 8.8 lids

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 02:30 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just call Kody and start a dialogue with him about fit and finish. Tell him what ur expectations are and if the lids don't meet them, send em back.
For my bud that just ordered them Kody called a local shop and coordinated any install hand holding and fabrication that might be required for him.
Kody has a brilliant fabrication mind but he just doesn't do the bolt on stuff that's mass shipped to Revzilla. Set those expectations and enjoy the process. Either do the fine tune fabrication / sanding yourself of have a local shop do it. It will be well worth the patience.

Call Kody. Great guy to work with especially if u include him in the process from the start. Hell, he might even be able to get u some Gen 1 lids.

Good luck brother!!!

T
I tried to get a refund on mine. Kody told me he would, but there would be a 30% restocking fee since there was nothing wrong with the lids. I sent Kody pics and videos of the fitment issues. The two lids were not even the same shape. After a week of arguing and screwing with them I sent them back because I couldn’t get them to fit good enough to seal. Kody sent me a video of him installing them and basically told me I was a dumb *** and not installing correctly. When I got them back I followed his instructions to the T on install. Guess what, fit the same and still leak. I would buy a Honda before I would give that puke another dime of my money.

OP, I wish you good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:51 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
I tried to get a refund on mine. Kody told me he would, but there would be a 30% restocking fee since there was nothing wrong with the lids. I sent Kody pics and videos of the fitment issues. The two lids were not even the same shape. After a week of arguing and screwing with them I sent them back because I couldn’t get them to fit good enough to seal. Kody sent me a video of him installing them and basically told me I was a dumb *** and not installing correctly. When I got them back I followed his instructions to the T on install. Guess what, fit the same and still leak. I would buy a Honda before I would give that puke another dime of my money.

OP, I wish you good luck with whatever you decide.
Night and day experiences. Great to see all sides. That's what this consumer forum is all about.

I'm ordering his new 8" lowers. 😬

T

Old 02-27-2020, 11:02 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Night and day experiences. Great to see all sides. That's what this consumer forum is all about.

I'm ordering his new 8" lowers. 😬

T
Now you know they won't fit your panty dropper crashbar.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:09 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Now you know they won't fit your panty dropper crashbar.
I still have the feminine OEM engine guard that I will reinstall but immediately disguise as a panty dropper engine guard!!!! 😳

Luv
T

Last edited by Tailwind; 02-27-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:11 PM
Bridis
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone here has used the Nasty Hog lids or knows anything about them?

Old 02-28-2020, 08:08 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 174 Likes on 159 Posts

I haven't used them but I've noticed that their products tend to come out shortly after Advan introduces the same product.