Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line Output Converter Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 11:02 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by jcslim
The AHB connectors haven’t caused me any problems that I know of, but I would definitely like to know if there is something I should be on the lookout for based on your experiences with them. What makes them no bueno?
I replaces my BT line levelers with the AHB adapters, it sounds a lot better now, but because they cost more than 20 bucks people here bag in them 😂😂 if I remember right they are cheaper than the LL

Old 02-26-2020, 01:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes300
I replaces my BT line levelers with the AHB adapters, it sounds a lot better now, but because they cost more than 20 bucks people here bag in them 😂😂 if I remember right they are cheaper than the LL
What's the entire story behind this comment just so folks don't run off into the weeds?

A DSP?
A non OEM flash?

T

Old 02-26-2020, 05:53 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What's the entire story behind this comment just so folks don't run off into the weeds?

A DSP?
A non OEM flash?

T
no DSP, no change in flash, still on the HD 0/4 flash, all I did was remove the LL's and install the AHB adapters, both front and rear ones(or whatever they call them). nothing else.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:17 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes300
no DSP, no change in flash, still on the HD 0/4 flash, all I did was remove the LL's and install the AHB adapters, both front and rear ones(or whatever they call them). nothing else.
Well hell, that's great news!! Gonna have to get a bit educated on that. Maybe run some RTA samples to see the measurable changes that occur in the curve.

Thx!!!

T

Old 02-26-2020, 07:10 PM
ReDo
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by marshallb
I can understand paying for convenience. I pay the $5 for Kroger pick up without a thought. My concern is people paying that price without knowing the cost. I have strongly considered making harnesses myself. Vtwin's pricing is very reasonable but their location presents difficulties that I think I could do a better job at.
Go for it man! I am in support of anyone looking to start up their own venture. Just be sure to account for the government getting their 40%, and your margins need to make the venture profitable. Add supplies, self employment/business income taxes, customer support, advertising costs and profit margins... I’d suspect that you’ll be in the same ballpark as AHB, but if you can build it into something then you’re golden and we all get another competitive quality option.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:46 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 174 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by jcslim
Go for it man! I am in support of anyone looking to start up their own venture. Just be sure to account for the government getting their 40%, and your margins need to make the venture profitable. Add supplies, self employment/business income taxes, customer support, advertising costs and profit margins... I’d suspect that you’ll be in the same ballpark as AHB, but if you can build it into something then you’re golden and we all get another competitive quality option.
I would be closer to vtwin audios pricing. Margins would be tight while I was having to hand build them, if I could off shore them that would drastically improve the profits. Marketing is the part I don't understand.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:50 PM
ReDo
Tourer
Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by marshallb
I would be closer to vtwin audios pricing. Margins would be tight while I was having to hand build them, if I could off shore them that would drastically improve the profits. Marketing is the part I don't understand.
I used to be a web developer (now I’m a senior IT leader). If you decide to go with this I’ll be happy to help provide some guidance and point you toward resources to help with the marketing. It’s easier and less expensive than ever... some YouTube content, a Facebook page, a PayPal account and you’re in business. Probably a good idea to form an LLC to limit your personal liability in the event of any issues (protects your personal assets from business matters and can usually be filed for just a few hundred $ with your state.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:32 PM
ToddOH
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Lol. Forgot I even had that option! Thanks! (Replying to Tailwind. Didn't use the "quote" funtion )

Last edited by ToddOH; 02-27-2020 at 01:40 PM.