Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newby needs a lot of help!! (Audio help)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 10:13 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

One thing to keep in mind as well is if you plan to make any changes after the fact. It would be a shame to stick to your budget and possibly not have the sound that you're happy with, and end up spending more in the long run.

That said, I went with an NVX 4 channel amp (bridged for 2 speakers - RG Special and that's all I have at the moment), one BT line leveler, and the MMat speakers for the fairing. Don't forget the wires - I just grabbed a standard 8 ga install kit from audio express ($20 I think). Last piece (optional) I bought some Dynamat to seal off the fairing. Not very expensive and made a large difference!

I think I still spent in the $650 range. The youtube videos (along with the guys on here!) made the install only slightly frustrating (not much space and I'm not a hardware guy by nature).

The following users liked this post:
SMR (02-27-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 12:49 PM
GloryDayz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum (just got my bike a few weeks ago..) and I'm looking to do some audio work. First, the stock HD HK stereo seems to be partly on the fritz (volume just dies, doesn't say it's muted, and I have to power-cycle the stereo to get volume back (for a while)). I'm pretty sure it's not the Amp, so I'm either shipping it to Iron Cross Audio for a fix, buying a used on off ebay (and take my chances), or look as a different after-market stereo and, hopefully, not suffer the curse of the HK again. But I'm thinking, while I'm figuring out which way to go, I have another consideration as it pertains to the bike's audio system, since my bike is a 2012 FLHTC the Tour Pack was an add-on, and while the speakers in the Tour Pack are fine, the installers didn't install whatever was needed to enable the rider's/rear volume and mode select switches. That seems terrible to me, so I'd like to fix that.

Now for the question, does anybody know what harness I need to buy (and run) to get them working/functional?