Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Massive audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 06:24 AM
GLIDER 89
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is where I sit with my order with massive. I received two emails one from Sofia from massive asking if I wanted to proceed with the order that they have been checking on it with Amazon. And if I want to wait an additional 7more days they would refund me 30%.
Second email was this morning from USPS tracking saying they just received my order and it would be here by tonight. I just wanted to keep you guys informed on how customer service has been. Which at this point I dont think it's been horrible but Its not like dealing with crutchfield or anything.
I yet to figure out if I even wanna keep this thing or not. And then if I do want to send it back. Will they make me pay for shipping on my dime? I'll keep you updated.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:08 AM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I think it's a China thing more than anything but this last batch of "Holiday Special" amps that Massive sold at half price are coming in quite a bit under spec. And Massive Tech Sup is playing dumb.
Same deal does with others. I stopped buying the NVX Chinese stuff as well. One amp is above spec and the next 3 are dirty as hell.
Just depends on what day of the week these sweat shops decide to implement quality control. Or whether the Brand owners force quality control standards that are expected.

As u can tell, I'm way cold on China for many many many reasons. Test all that Chinese shix immediately after coming out of the box and send that shix back if it's not within a reasonable margins of advertised spec ASAP. And hopefully this group does a very good job vetting these products and sharing QC info day in and out.

So the million dollar question is what companies deliver a consistent product and what ones don't?

T
I feel ya. If its a personal thing I get it but realize just because its built in china doesn't mean its crap and just because its built
somewhere else its good.
I can tell ya the the most scary amps now are the ones built in Brazil. They make tons of power but because of the unregulated
power supply they are more supsetable to catching fire. I'd personally rather have cutting off than burning my bike down.

I think its tough to say what companies deliver what. Mmats...a crowd favorite over the last few years have flooded the bike market with
stuff from China. From those PAXXX speakers that you all love to their mini amps. All China.

The great thing about this industry you can always choose with your wallet.

Last edited by SOFTPETER; 02-15-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:09 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
I feel ya. If its a personal thing I get it but realize just because its built in china doesn't mean its crap and just because its built
somewhere else its good.
I can tell ya the the most scary amps now are the ones built in Brazil. They make tons of power but because of the unregulated
power supply they are more supsetable to catching fire. I'd personally rather have cutting off than burning my bike down.

I think its tough to say what companies deliver what. Mmats...a crowd favorite over the last few years have flooded the bike market with
stuff from China. From those PAXXX speakers that you all love to their mini amps. All China.

The great thing about this industry you can always choose with your wallet.
I agree that damn near all this shix is from China but the point im making is that unless these companies have a significant role in QC process then its kind of like a Cracker Jack surprise. The ones that do QC their shix like Focal, JL, Mmats, etc... do pretty damn well at not only the product quality but also in the delivery of consistent specs.

On the flip side I also agree there are indeed some amazing products that are not built in China shix hole sweat shops but that quality absolutely comes with a hefty price tag. Worth it for some but not for others.

Lots of garbage on the market so it's essentially about doing ur own QC and sending that shix back if it falls short.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 02-15-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:53 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

I agree bro, the second fasset has to do with how they deal with their dealers and end users.
I like certain brands due to the fact they have a no questions asked defective exchanges.
Other brands make you jump thru hoops. Other brands are ********.

I look at it from all angles.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:09 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Massive amp testing BLX4

14.3 vdc
1k test tone generated via Audio control DM-RTA
4 OHM load bank

Average output of 3 amps

Stereo 18.6 VAC
(Lowest reading 18.3 Highest 18.9)

Bridged 31.7 VAC
(Lowest 31.2 highest 32.0)

Massive audio-20200216_110733.jpg
Massive audio-20200216_110616.jpg
Massive audio-20200216_103252.jpg
Massive audio-20200216_112656.jpg
Massive audio-20200216_110812.jpg

Old 02-16-2020, 10:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Man that's garbage!!! Even with the 5% that the SMD uses as a buffer, it's not even in the ball park.

Have u talked to any of their "tech support" folks?

Please post that info up on Amazon, Crutch or any other of these type of big brick shops.

Thanks for testing!!! Hope everyone starts doing the same w all these China products.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 02-16-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:18 AM
GLIDER 89
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Man that's garbage!!! Even with the 5% that the SMD uses as a buffer, it's not even in the ball park.

Have u talked to any of their "tech support" folks?

Please post that info up on Amazon, Crutch or any other of these type of big brick shops.

Thanks for testing!!! Hope everyone starts doing the same w all these China products.

T
I called to speak with tech support, and was told the only way to get ahold of of him. Was through email. I thought that was pretty crappy as well.
I'm going to find out how the refund policy is to day because I'm sending my two back both have never been used. One hasn't even been out the box.. Pray for me.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:56 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

I did talk to tech support last Friday and the conversation became very heated to the point that the wife heard me in the driveway when she came home.
The guy I was talking to wanted PROOF that their products were not putting out the rated advertised power as he didnt beleive the numbers I was getting and said that they were to low. Then to prove him wrong I told him I would retest the amps on hand to prove that they are selling sub standard equipment.

After I get a return email or phone call I will post what they are going to do to correct this issue along with contact information I have for massive.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:36 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Babyboy
I did talk to tech support last Friday and the conversation became very heated to the point that the wife heard me in the driveway when she came home.
The guy I was talking to wanted PROOF that their products were not putting out the rated advertised power as he didnt beleive the numbers I was getting and said that they were to low. Then to prove him wrong I told him I would retest the amps on hand to prove that they are selling sub standard equipment.

After I get a return email or phone call I will post what they are going to do to correct this issue along with contact information I have for massive.
Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing Rob!!!

T

Old 02-17-2020, 08:41 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 548 Likes on 445 Posts

I emailed the same dude Rob has been talking to, last night. I gave him my unprofessional DD1 and multimeter results, along with my order number from December.

My results after 3 different attempts:
--bike running and battery at 14.3V
--Sony HU set at 40/50 at 2V output. DD1 showed distortion at 49/50 on my HU.
--cleanest I got was 24V and 48.7V bridged. I should be around 28V and 56V.

Quick Reply: Massive audio