Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Massive audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 09:00 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by ridez
How do you test for clean signal? Can I do it with my oscilloscope multi meter ?
If you have a oscope/meter with a good contrast high pixel screen it will be easier to detect the distortion. The lesser expensive oscope/meters are a little harder to see the distortion but will still do the job.

When a clean signal is present and visible on a scope the sine wave will be smooth and when distortion starts to be introduced the smooth wave will begin to show jagged edges and if pushed far enough the wave will become squared

Last edited by Babyboy; 02-14-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:43 AM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

So far I've used several TX48's, I haven't checked them on an oscope, but by checking for max gain before distortion, I'm getting 700-750w when bridged. So well below advertised but still decent. The size of the amp is what makes it so useful. I can fit 2 of them in a RG on an Lex Rivera tray, and still have room for other stuff. I much prefer the SD amps for anything competition but for the average guy these will get the job done.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:39 AM
ridez
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
If you have a oscope/meter with a good contrast high pixel screen it will be easier to detect the distortion. The lesser expensive oscope/meters are a little harder to see the distortion but will still do the job.

When a clean signal is present and visible on a scope the sine wave will be smooth and when distortion starts to be introduced the smooth wave will begin to show jagged edges and if pushed far enough the wave will become squared
So kind of the same as checking head unit clipping? Oscope with the test tone and crank gains up to see when it's squaring off. Speakers disconnected. ?

Old 02-14-2020, 11:18 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by ridez
So kind of the same as checking head unit clipping? Oscope with the test tone and crank gains up to see when it's squaring off. Speakers disconnected. ?
Yes sir. Please share your results so we can all keep an eye on quality control.

Thx brother!!!

T

Old 02-14-2020, 04:30 PM
GLIDER 89
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well here's my story on the massive blx4 I purchased on Sunday. They sent an email saying 3rd party shipping received it at 10:50am on Monday waiting arrival to USPS. Well guess what I'm still waiting, and on Thursday I call them and explained the situation. I was told to give it till Friday. Then wait an additional 7days then they said at that poin they would reship another amp..
So I'm not sure on how happy I am about this whole thing its pretty clear to me the package is lost. Why not say hey will take care of it an ship one out. Instead of making me wait.
But to be honest after hearing about the number they put down I'm gunna request a refund.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:57 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by GLIDER 89
Well here's my story on the massive blx4 I purchased on Sunday. They sent an email saying 3rd party shipping received it at 10:50am on Monday waiting arrival to USPS. Well guess what I'm still waiting, and on Thursday I call them and explained the situation. I was told to give it till Friday. Then wait an additional 7days then they said at that poin they would reship another amp..
So I'm not sure on how happy I am about this whole thing its pretty clear to me the package is lost. Why not say hey will take care of it an ship one out. Instead of making me wait.
But to be honest after hearing about the number they put down I'm gunna request a refund.
Just a little FYI
Massive uses AMAZON for warehousing and shipping.
That is an unopened BLX4 I havent tested YET

Massive audio-1581720959007.jpg

Old 02-14-2020, 05:04 PM
GLIDER 89
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Just a little FYI
Massive uses AMAZON for warehousing and shipping.
That is an unopened BLX4 I havent tested YET

Attachment 601115
I'm just telling you what my email says. And I know its Amazon warehouse. This is the second blx4 I bought. I have to admit the first one came in two days. I don't know why it says USPS. Possibly that's how the track it?

Old 02-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

If you have a oscope/meter with a good contrast high pixel screen it will be easier to detect the distortion.
I have it when things remind me of my age. My oscilloscope has a CRT in it, so "pixel count" ain't an issue with me. That Massive amp seems to be about the same size as the tried and true PN4.1000d. If the specs aren't as advertised is it worth the extra cost?

There may be a supply drought as a search on Ebay only shows four available and they start at $450 and go up.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:57 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
I have it when things remind me of my age. My oscilloscope has a CRT in it, so "pixel count" ain't an issue with me. That Massive amp seems to be about the same size as the tried and true PN4.1000d. If the specs aren't as advertised is it worth the extra cost?

There may be a supply drought as a search on Ebay only shows four available and they start at $450 and go up.
Even at spec it's a China born amp thus we have always seen inconsistencies in quality from that region of the world. Aka shixhole. NDFast has used a ton of these and has had good luck. Mine is within reasonable expectations as well. I got mine when the MAP was like $350. The Focal Sport MAP was $799 at the time and less overall watts. But Focal consistent as fuxx as they QC the shix out of their product.

After Massive ran out of stock, they came back in a few months with inventory and the price shot up by 180% but they apparently also made some 50 cent cuts in assembly line costs that will cost them their business street creds if they don't get their shix together.

Overpriced while under delivering with shix customer service is where they currently sit as I have a few buds all scratching their heads about this winter batch of amps on the market. 6 months ago, they were priced right and delivered spec within reason.

Not sure what gives but I would put this amp brand on the shix list till they prove they can deliver what they promise as the footprint is awesome for the sled audio world. The TX48 is smaller than the PN4.1000

T

Old 02-14-2020, 08:14 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

At the current Massive prices it almost seems like the BikeTronics BT4180 would be a good bet if a DSP was in play. In my mind they are still a little overpriced, but that ain't saying I wouldn't try one if I could afford it.

Quick Reply: Massive audio