Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'19 Street Glide Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 11:33 AM
k9betley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '19 Street Glide Upgrade

I am looking to upgrade the stock setup on my SG, keeping the Boom GTS HU. After looking through the audio posts, I'm kind of confused and lost on which direction to go. I don't want to spend a ton of money, as the bike is a weekend rider only at this point. I want to replace the fairing speakers, add an amp and possibly plan for lower fairing speakers or bag speakers in the future.

I would like to get clean, crisp highs and good bass response. I'm probably asking for a lot out of 6.5" speakers. I mainly listen to classic rock and heavy metal with guitar rich blues thrown in for fun and am needing more volume on the highway, of course.

After much reading, and seeing that MMATS are 20% off right now (and the amp is about $100 bucks off), I'm thinking the PA601cx's will go in the fairing. I'm truly stuck on the amp. MMATS 4110, Stinger SPX700X4 or.....?? Seeing that it's recommended to plan for 125w per channel, for future upgrades, will the 4110 (at 110/4ohm) actually get me to where I want to be?

In addition, what else is needed to put this all together (harnesses, wiring, line levelers, etc.), or does the amp and speakers come with the needed wiring/connectors? Flash, line levelers, etc., needed? How about doing it myself.........is it pretty straight forward? I have never had the fairings off.

Any and all help, guidance or alternate suggestions will be much appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!
Corky

Old 12-01-2019, 01:38 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 174 Likes on 159 Posts

"Good bass response" is probably not gonna happen from a 6.5" speaker. Now you can get some very nice SQ from the fairing, and there are several speaker capable of that.

Old 12-01-2019, 02:21 PM
k9betley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by marshallb
"Good bass response" is probably not gonna happen from a 6.5" speaker. Now you can get some very nice SQ from the fairing, and there are several speaker capable of that.
Thank you!

Old 12-05-2019, 04:48 PM
k9betley
Intermediate

So, I have the Stinger SPX700X4, Mmats 601cx's, wiring kit and BT355 LL either in-route or in-hand. Best I can tell, this is all I need to hook everything up, minus the rca cables. My questions are; Is there a particular set of RCA cables that I need to pick up (size wise), or are they all the same, for this purpose? The RCA's will run from the GTS HU to the LL and then out of there into the amp and on to the speakers, is that correct? Since there is not much info on the LL on the web, do they come with instructions on setting those (if I'm understanding correctly that they (it) needs to be adjusted in addition to the amp)?

Thank you all in advance!!

Old 12-05-2019, 05:35 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Just my take but, the BT line levelers will be preset to work with your system, no need to try tweaking them before your up and listening. From my limited understanding most folks don't mess with them at all as they are easy to get way out of line. Stinger RCA's get a lot of positive comments and aren't very expensive. Keep them as short as possible, I think about 18" is the shortest you can find and thats plently of length. I've used Knuconcepts mid grade RCA's on several different amps, line levelers and DSP without any issue.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:20 PM
rlgood
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are the mmats 20%off at?

Old 12-05-2019, 06:30 PM
k9betley
Intermediate

Thank you, sir!

Old 12-05-2019, 06:32 PM
k9betley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rlgood
Where are the mmats 20%off at?
It was a Black Friday code on their website. Not sure if it is still functional or not. I think it was "black friday" or "black-friday".

Old 12-05-2019, 08:59 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

K9 ,,, damn good system for the $$$ spent here https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail...XK-200SP2-14SG ,,,, 100% plug-n-play

Old 12-05-2019, 11:38 PM
ridez
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

869 for 200 watts damn

The following users liked this post:
Defiasco13 (12-06-2019)

Quick Reply: '19 Street Glide Upgrade