Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom GTS upgrade kit for 18 and down

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2019 | 06:36 PM
teedoff65
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Well that bites!! Headset has to be plugged in for Car Play to be functional?!!!

T
is this an issue with the new part number? Just watched a video of a retro fit radio with the soundz adapter and CarPlay was working right from the start.

I have seen threads in here though with issues getting CarPlay and or android auto working correctly.

Old 12-14-2019 | 07:05 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by teedoff65
is this an issue with the new part number? Just watched a video of a retro fit radio with the soundz adapter and CarPlay was working right from the start.

I have seen threads in here though with issues getting CarPlay and or android auto working correctly.
Yeah my local HD tech was adamant about CarPlay not working without a headset plugged into the jack. Asked him about a wiring diagram to jailbreak that logic like the parked bullshix we deal in cages but he looked like a chicken watching a card trick. It's definitely gonna take some consumer R&D as the MOCO has some weird shix going on. Again they underestimated the potential cash from potential new and improve HU functionality.

Thx for research this stuff brother.

T

Old 12-14-2019 | 07:21 PM
teedoff65
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Yeah my local HD tech was adamant about CarPlay not working without a headset plugged into the jack. Asked him about a wiring diagram to jailbreak that logic like the parked bullshix we deal in cages but he looked like a chicken watching a card trick. It's definitely gonna take some consumer R&D as the MOCO has some weird shix going on. Again they underestimated the potential cash from potential new and improve HU functionality.

Thx for research this stuff brother.

T
ahh headset in play. Sorry, they video I watched was simply showing an iPhone connected via USB. I need to research android specific issues myself.

I think over the next few months things will become more clearer and may even see more shops working out the kinks like you said. Shame consumers have to do this crap. Yup missed cash cow for moco.

Old 12-15-2019 | 04:24 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

It's been awhile so don't shoot me fellas.......do the new radios still have the same eq curve issues, ie line leveler or DSP needed to clean up the sound????

Old 12-15-2019 | 07:25 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Roadie13
It's been awhile so don't shoot me fellas.......do the new radios still have the same eq curve issues, ie line leveler or DSP needed to clean up the sound????
From what I've heard from Biketronics, yes it still uses a crazy curve.

For that reason along with, I'm not an iPhone guy and needing a headset to make Car play function, I'm out!!

Old 12-15-2019 | 01:30 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited

For that reason along with, I'm not an iPhone guy and needing a headset to make Car play function, I'm out!!
there are all kinds of posts in the other forums about car play working with just a dealer flash, no whim or anything. Not sure why that would have changed

Old 12-15-2019 | 01:40 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Kind of a deal breaker for me at the price point if it still has to be tricked to get great sound. Would rather give up some functionality and try the Sony 7000 for less $$$. At least it looks like things are moving forward and a used one may make it more viable. I've also heard on the RG forum that the whim-less CarPlay has been resolved so hopefully that didn't change.

Old 12-15-2019 | 02:42 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Kind of a deal breaker for me at the price point if it still has to be tricked to get great sound. Would rather give up some functionality and try the Sony 7000 for less $$$. At least it looks like things are moving forward and a used one may make it more viable. I've also heard on the RG forum that the whim-less CarPlay has been resolved so hopefully that didn't change.
I have yet to see a used one for sale, I’m sure someone will take one out, though I can’t see any good reason to myself. I just don’t see this huge glut of them coming up for sale cheap

Old 12-15-2019 | 02:53 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

If you can use CarPlay without a headset, that removes 1 obstacle. The eq curve is still a deterrent for that kind of money here also. I'm with you, for a third of the money a Sony can be had. It at least gives you CarPlay and Android Auto, I still like the factory Nav and thumb control functionality. I'm having a difficult time moving away from my 6.5.

Old 12-15-2019 | 03:15 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

If you can use CarPlay without a headset, that removes 1 obstacle. The eq curve is still a deterrent for that kind of money here also. I'm with you, for a third of the money a Sony can be had. It at least gives you CarPlay and Android Auto, I still like the factory Nav and thumb control functionality. I'm having a difficult time moving away from my 6.5.
Totally agree. For most folks I just don't think moving to the aftermarket non waterproof low thumb control functionality HU is all its cracked up to be. If audio source quality is your core top priority then u pretty much have to ditch the Boom. But that BT355 w 4/0 or the 8/2 flash does put u in a pretty good spot.

T

Quick Reply: Boom GTS upgrade kit for 18 and down