Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who love earbuds for isolation and music while riding....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 06:22 PM
HDSledge
Cruiser
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default For those who love earbuds for isolation and music while riding....

Bluetooth earbuds and a bt remote controller. I love this combo when not using speakers or at highway speeds.
Bluetooth earbuds with charging case, great sound, good isolation. Bluetooth earbuds with charging case, great sound, good isolation.
40 bucks
Bluetooth Remote Handlebar Controller Bluetooth Remote Handlebar Controller
16 bucks
Pair the earbuds then pair the controller with your phone. Ready to ride: Pop in the earbuds (they power up and connect automatically), put on helmet, hit play on the button controller. No need to touch phone or earbuds. Sweet. Oh, you can answer the phone and talk through the earbuds if you want to, nav instructions also come through the earbuds. I don't use nav and ignore phone calls when I am riding though.

When you put the earbuds back in the case they charge up. Battery power is 5 hours or so and the case recharge gives you a total of many more hours. The case can also charge other devices. The controller buttons are raised and can be switched with gloves on. It is powered by a cr2016 battery that lasts a long long time. Goes to sleep after some inactivity (some time after music is paused or earbuds put into charger) and wakes back up to connect when a button is pressed. You can control any bluetooth music device on your bike with the little control pad. You can use it off the bike since the controller pops in/out of the holder.

I mounted the controller by working the upper part of the clamp between left handlebar and hyd master cylinder base. Tight fit and won't move or wiggle out. The controller is designed/sized to be mounted on a steering wheel in a car. It will be loose on the bare handlebar unless you wrap a bit of silicone tape under it.

Less than 60 bucks for both parts. If Harley sold the combo it would cost $$$?

Btw I don't know if you can answer the phone by pressing pause on the controller. I don't know anyone who talks on the phone while riding anyway. Dumb to do it in a car, insane on a motorcycle.

Last edited by HDSledge; 10-06-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:00 PM
rtbuck89
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Looks interesting. My only concern is that I'm sure the remote cannot get wet.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:22 PM
HDSledge
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rtbuck89
Looks interesting. My only concern is that I'm sure the remote cannot get wet.
When I wash the bike I'll pop it out. I will find out for sure next time I'm out in the rain. When it rains I'll pop it out and put in my shirt pocket under my rain gear. Or I can wrap it in a piece of sandwich baggie and snap it into its holder. We will see how it holds up to the weather, if it ever rains here again. Been dry as hell, literally.

Last edited by HDSledge; 10-06-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:49 PM
HDSledge
Cruiser

Here is another model. Someone had the same idea. I think I will do something similar but more form fitting.

Last edited by HDSledge; 10-06-2019 at 10:50 PM.