Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full PRV Install w/ Massive TX48, B52 and Nagy Rings

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 04:09 PM
ScreamingSkulls
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Full PRV Install w/ Massive TX48, B52 and Nagy Rings

Equipment and Location of Item

Amps: Massive TX 48 and Cerwin Vega B52 - Both In Front Fairing. B52 installed under radio and Massive TX48 on top of headlight
Biketronics BT355 HD Radio Line Leveler And Pre-Amp Adapter - In Fairing
Horns - 2 PRV TW400Ti-Nd-4 installed in fairing under stock radio, wired to B52 (Amp tuned down as this amp was a overkill for these)
Front Fairing Speakers - 2 6 1/2 PRV 6MR500-NDY-4 4ohm wired to Massive TX48 on channel 1/2 wired normal
Bags - 2, 1 in each bag PRV 8MR600X 8ohm wired parallel and bridged on Massive TX48 CHANNEL 3/4
Rings used for bags - Nagy Rings. Find him on facebook. The guy is one awesome dude and will help you with anything. Sells 8, 10 and 12 inch rings.

Special shoutout to Ndfastln and SBates08 - Excellent members here and guided me to picking the right combo that would work together.

Impression

Ive used hertz, rockford, infinity and mmats on many installs not just for myself but for many friends over the past 2 years. Ive done several installs with a basic 2 speaker setup all the way to a 6 speaker setup of mmats. These PRV blow all them away. For the price, the performance is amazing HOWEVER the PRV do require some power to shine.

The Massive TX48 is a beast. It's like a road glide decided to have a baby and found the perfect spot to be mounted. This thing sits on top of the RG headlight snug. You do have to cut the top 2 notches off but overall this amp is worth ever dollor.

Install

I'll try to put photos up in proper order but they may be scrambled. I had carpet in my bags already so I had to remove some by laying the rings down and cutting out the shape. I then took some of the glue off by scuffing the inside bag. JB Weld was used on the rings and left secured down by a few bolts for about an hour. I used Neverwet on all the speakers and the speaker cloth I put between the ring and the 8" that were mounted in the bags. Neverwet did leave a blue haze on the speaker but it didn't both me, kinda went with my bike color. The drilling for the holes/horns was pretty easy, you just have to make sure you have clearance from the stereo. I used a hole saw to drill.

Videos

Don't have any yet, currently Ive ripped out the cams and I'm in the middle of doing a cam upgrade to cyclerama 570-2 but I'll be done and heading down to the world record in Paris Texas this saturday so if anyone is going and wants to hear the setup let me know. After I get back from that I'll post a few videos. Hope some of the pictures help others. In conclusion, I've never heard any setup sound so loud but clear in all the years of audio/motorcycle Iv'e been around. Again this is subject to my opinion only.

nagy ring bonded with jb weld

horns installed under stock radio

cut holes for horns

front side of horn holes

completed 8" in bag

top view of both prv installed

dampered both pods

another pre-wired install

side view of bag after install

front 6 1/2 prv

quick disconnects used for each bag

both amps used in front fairing

b52 installed under radio, massive installed on top of headlight

The following users liked this post:
Ndfastln (10-01-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 PM
c_mancuyas8
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks great! I'm doing something similar. How do you like the fairing speakers and horns paired together?

Old 10-01-2019, 08:56 PM
TimeToBreakout
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow sick setup I love it and what seat is that you have ?

Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 PM
ScreamingSkulls
Tourer

Originally Posted by c_mancuyas8
Looks great! I'm doing something similar. How do you like the fairing speakers and horns paired together?
Actually the horns are super loud, i might back them off a bit but the combo with the mid front and rear give a good balance. Buddies of mine who stopped by tonight said they were just going to have me dj every ride since there was no way they were going to be able to hear their ride

Originally Posted by TimeToBreakout
Wow sick setup I love it and what seat is that you have ?
I think it's a sundowner or low boy. It's a Harley seat. Bought it in 2013 and its held up pretty good.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:15 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Was glad I was able to help point you in the direction you were seeking. Would love to get my ears on this setup. Post up some videos after you get it dialed in. Great write up!!

Old 10-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Maybe I missed it but a DSP might put u in a far better place regarding balance and SQ.

Very damn nice job on the setup brother!!!

T

Old 10-02-2019, 10:15 AM
ScreamingSkulls
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Maybe I missed it but a DSP might put u in a far better place regarding balance and SQ.

Very damn nice job on the setup brother!!!

T
Couldn't find a affordable deal on one and play money was running low. I was also doing a cam upgrade at the time. A dsp may be in future but unless i go with something small that may mount on the right side of the radio behind the fuel gauge in the fairing, I'm pretty happy everything is in the fairing now.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:49 AM
boosted20v
Tourer

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Install looks good! Cosmic for the win!

Old 10-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingSkulls
Couldn't find a affordable deal on one and play money was running low. I was also doing a cam upgrade at the time. A dsp may be in future but unless i go with something small that may mount on the right side of the radio behind the fuel gauge in the fairing, I'm pretty happy everything is in the fairing now.
Oh u can find a place for it to fit!!! Lol. That ARC will fit just about anywhere.

Tuning will take ur ears to a far better spot so start saving ur Starbucks cash and drink water instead. Beer money too.

Nice job brother!!!

T

The following users liked this post:
ScreamingSkulls (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 06:25 AM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Holy crap...those amp specs are crazy. Hiw much are you sending the the 8s?

Quick Reply: Full PRV Install w/ Massive TX48, B52 and Nagy Rings