Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help installing a DSR1.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 10:04 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Help installing a DSR1.

I don’t have a clue how to hook up my dsr 1. Amd I can’t seem to find much info as far as installing the actual processor itself. But tons on the app and how to tune with it. Can someone help with fairly idiot proof instructions? I have a ultra limited 4- 6.5s ( two In front and two in tourpac pods. 4 channel amp. Which doesn’t have any rca inputs. It’s molex connectors for input and out put. I called American hardbag and asked for plug and play harnesses to install the dsr. It’s got rca connections. Person said that I have to cut the RCA connections off everywhere because of high-level low level differences. It says no I just need inline converters. So now I’ve got all this stuff and I’m not sure how to install it but I Want to do it on my own just to prove it I can’t do it at this point LOL could explain in idiot proof terms proper wiring for the install I’d appreciate it. Stock Harley boom headunit btw

Old 09-28-2019, 10:16 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

Your may need the biketronics line levers to convert it too
rca connections. I’m not sure but I believe maybe the breakout
harness as well to keep the fade function.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:23 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

What amp and what speakers? Is everything hooked up and running now other than the DSR1?

Old 09-28-2019, 11:27 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

As F indicated the hurdle get a little higher if u want fade control. If not, a PAC SNI LOC will get u converted from hi-low. If ur just gonna stay high then just use the front speaker wires for ur high input into the DSP then run new front speaker wire from the amp to the fronts.

BT or AHB or??? have harnesses that can get ur ship to shore rather easily but it ain't cheap for that plug in stuff.

T

Old 09-29-2019, 04:43 AM
Rcloud72
Tourer

Originally Posted by eggwhite93
What amp and what speakers? Is everything hooked up and running now other than the DSR1?

I ha e 4 iron 65 speakers and a Soundz design amp fall from Soundz audio. They did my original o stall but are located out of state. Yes amp Amd speakers are hooked up and function.
I bought all harnesses from American hardbag. Including their ultra T harness to deal with the rear signal and to keep fade control.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:49 AM
Rcloud72
Tourer

I bought two hi to low out pit converters from a local audio shop also which just added a bit more confusion. Yo the whole wiring schematics situation. I don’t even care if I have to snip the rca connections off and solder molex connectors on to go into and out of the amp. I just need a wire by wire tutorial on the orobrdute for the install of the dsr. I can wait 3 weeks and pay 200$ for some local shop to install it but they really aren’t a motorcycle audio shop and I’d like to do it myself. That way at least if it’s a crap job I can’t blame anyone but myself and I won’t have paid for it lol

Old 09-29-2019, 10:10 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts
Old 09-29-2019, 11:42 AM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

I guess my next question is... Why to you feel like you need to add the DSR1? I thought this Soundz stuff was all supposed to be tuned to work well together.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer

Originally Posted by eggwhite93
I guess my next question is... Why to you feel like you need to add the DSR1? I thought this Soundz stuff was all supposed to be tuned to work well together.
I don’t have a single complaint about Soundz. But they did my original install and I’ve upgraded speakers three times and thought I wanted a bigger amp so got one and realized the Soundz amp sounded better so put it back. Maybe if I hadn’t screwed with it it would be ok. Hell maybe I don’t need NEED the DSR at all but I didnt need half the **** I put on my bike I just wanted it and Bought it.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:50 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Why do you think you need a DSR1? The easy part is installing it, the hard part is tuning it.

Quick Reply: Help installing a DSR1.