Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help installing a DSR1.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Why do you think you need a DSR1? The easy part is installing it, the hard part is tuning it.
Like I said earlier I’m not so sure I do need a dsr. But enough ppl have told me I do to convince me to get one. And sometimes if big mamma gets on amazon and spends some Money on stupid ****; hell I’ll just do the same thing for something for myself.
Im going to let a buddy tune it if he can. He has done things like that before but for bands and live event **** but he had an ear for sound. He thinks he can fiddle with it and get it right. I hope so. If I can ever get the dam thing hooked up

Old 09-29-2019, 09:29 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcloud72
Like I said earlier I’m not so sure I do need a dsr. But enough ppl have told me I do to convince me to get one. And sometimes if big mamma gets on amazon and spends some Money on stupid ****; hell I’ll just do the same thing for something for myself.
Im going to let a buddy tune it if he can. He has done things like that before but for bands and live event **** but he had an ear for sound. He thinks he can fiddle with it and get it right. I hope so. If I can ever get the dam thing hooked up
U guys lost me a while back. If u have hooked up an amp before it's the same exact concept. Power, ground, remote turn on, input signal from HU done.
Then all ur doing is sending the DSP output to the amp fir the channels in ur build strategy. U will also use the DSP as the remote turn on source fir ur amps.

Based on that, please refresh our memories what specific issue ur having getting the above items plugged into ur DSP.

T

Old 09-30-2019, 05:13 AM
Rcloud72
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
U guys lost me a while back. If u have hooked up an amp before it's the same exact concept. Power, ground, remote turn on, input signal from HU done.
Then all ur doing is sending the DSP output to the amp fir the channels in ur build strategy. U will also use the DSP as the remote turn on source fir ur amps.

Based on that, please refresh our memories what specific issue ur having getting the above items plugged into ur DSP.

T
I am sure I can figure out the wiring actually. What’s got me lost is the rca connections. One person says I have to cut them of and solder or connect the wiring with butt connections and the molex type connections at the amp ( the connections at the amp I knew I’d have to do that) and the guy at American hard bag said leave the rca connections and plug straight into their harnesses. ( which I already have anyway Amd would like to use so as not to spend more unnecessary $$$) which method is correct ? And will I need hi/low converters if I stay with the rca jacks? Also the hi/low converters are only like 50 watts. Is that sufficient? Or will that be the max wattage allowed to pass through to the speaker ? Thx for y’all patience. I really am not usually this slow to catch on

Old 09-30-2019, 07:07 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Post some pics of the harness and plugs currently used to hook it up. Since it’s a Soundz system not many know what they come with.

The following users liked this post:
Rcloud72 (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 08:24 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
Post some pics of the harness and plugs currently used to hook it up. Since it’s a Soundz system not many know what they come with.
This is where u guys keep losing me. Are we talking about a DSP install or an amp install downstream of the DSP? Soundz equipment should have nothing to do with s DSP install.

T

The following users liked this post:
Rcloud72 (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 09:13 AM
Rcloud72
Tourer

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
I can get photos of the harness when I get home if that will help. And thx for your patience. I really am determined to figure the s#%t out.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:16 AM
Rcloud72
Tourer

This is where u guys keep losing me. Are we talking about a DSP install or an amp install downstream of the DSP? Soundz equipment should have nothing to do with s DSP install.

T
It’s a dsp install only. The amp is installed And I’m not saying that the brand of equipment makes a difference I was just letting everyone know what I had installed already and giving as detailed a description as I could. That is my whole confusion where does the DSP fit in line for things I know certain parts of the DSP plug into the app but I know that I have to get power from the head unit correct as well as the remote turn on and switched power or at least I’m thinking that’s the way it has to be I really don’t know for someone to dumb it down for me a whole lot A whole helluva lot

Old 09-30-2019, 12:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Have a peek at these and see if this helps frame the discussion.

I have not used a DRS1 but based on the other I have used, u will need power and ground tied to the battery. The remote should come from the cig lighter or HD sells a plug in for $10.
Then it makes just a matter of getting ur input signal identified from the HU. If u can provide a link or pics of the harness u have from AHB that will help.

T

Attached Thumbnails Help installing a DSR1.-photo454.jpg   Help installing a DSR1.-photo257.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Tailwind:
hd_rolling (06-07-2020), Rcloud72 (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer

I have not used a DRS1 but based on the other I have used, u will need power and ground tied to the battery. The remote should come from the cig lighter or HD sells a plug in for $10.
Then it makes just a matter of getting ur input signal identified from the HU. If u can provide a link or pics of the harness u have from AHB that will help.

T
Those came with the DSR. I thougjt I had it grasped till I started laying things out to where they’ would do Amd the I realized I was lost. I think it is the RCA connections to help me messed up because my radio I’m going to have to cut them off correct? But I hear don’t come off just get converters and the more I hear the more confused I get it I was told by American Hardbag that power ground and remote out would all piggy back the amps remote hot and ground Maybe I should be asking if anyone knows a good audio guy for bikes I’m the Atlanta Ga area Lol
Thanks for your help but I think I’m hopeless I’m just about decided I’m gonna take it somewhere and pay to have it done as bad as I hate to do that

Old 09-30-2019, 09:15 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer

T
These are the two horses they sold me but I already had a main harness from when I got my original install It looks just like a factory harness but it has wires going to the amp spliced in[img]blob:https://www.hdforums.com/e6a3c571-302f-4399-b041-410369133397[/img][img]blob:https://www.hdforums.com/8a02650a-4b8f-4d57-9fc7-4c78caf2e01b[/img]

Quick Reply: Help installing a DSR1.