Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 10:56 PM
wesley carter
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Amp question

Hey all, A while back i talked with tailwind about a set up for my 17 SGS. 6 speaker set up faring,lowers,tp.I have all the speaker's that we talked about. The Db wdx6moto g2s 4- Mmat 601cxs. So heres were im stuck, we talked and i was going to use the focal sport amp. But i got hurt at work and cant swing that amp at this time. My question is can i run 2 stringer amps temporarily in the batwing tell i get back to work? Im not sure if they both will fit. Also will i need 2 more bt line levelers if this can be done... Thanks a ton for your help on this.. Also a shout out to tw for taking his time to help me out with the original build..

Old 09-27-2019, 11:07 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by wesley carter
Hey all, A while back i talked with tailwind about a set up for my 17 SGS. 6 speaker set up faring,lowers,tp.I have all the speaker's that we talked about. The Db wdx6moto g2s 4- Mmat 601cxs. So heres were im stuck, we talked and i was going to use the focal sport amp. But i got hurt at work and cant swing that amp at this time. My question is can i run 2 stringer amps temporarily in the batwing tell i get back to work? Im not sure if they both will fit. Also will i need 2 more bt line levelers if this can be done... Thanks a ton for your help on this.. Also a shout out to tw for taking his time to help me out with the original build..
Sorry about ur injury brother!! Get well damn fast.
Have a peek at the Massive Audio TX48. Run the fairing w CX in parallel on channel 1. Run the CX TP in parallel on channel 2. Run the Motos on channel 3/4.

Lots of combos possible but that amp should get u 170 or better to each of the 6 speakers regardless of the location and wiring plan.

4x400@2ohm
4x200@4ohm

T

Old 09-27-2019, 11:22 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

I would run the left fairing and left tp on channel 1 and the right fairing and tp on channel 2 to give you left to right stereo instead of front to back stereo if it were me. No fade front to rear but retain left/right stereo. But that’s just me. Sorry to hear you got injured at work man. I hope you recover quickly. You won’t need any more line levelers if you use another amp as you can use a rca splitter out of the line leveler to feed both amps.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 09-27-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

Have a peek at the Massive Audio TX48
Holy Cow T, that Massive Audio amp looks like a beast. I wonder if it would kill the FM reception of the guy riding next to me?

All jokes aside that thing looks to be the same size as the PN4.1000d with more power. Do you know if it would be a problem with the charging systems of older bikes? That thing could definitely be a contender for a saddlebag mount if someone didn't mind sacrificing the space.

VERY impressive looking hunk of metal.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:47 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
Holy Cow T, that Massive Audio amp looks like a beast. I wonder if it would kill the FM reception of the guy riding next to me?

All jokes aside that thing looks to be the same size as the PN4.1000d with more power. Do you know if it would be a problem with the charging systems of older bikes? That thing could definitely be a contender for a saddlebag mount if someone didn't mind sacrificing the space.

VERY impressive looking hunk of metal.
It's a little shorter than the PN41000 and I think it's a bit narrower. Pretty efficient as I have not noticed any changes in the charging system.

I have mine sitting on the JM amp tray with no dimension issues. Room to spare.

It's still early in the game but this amp really is damn nice regarding watts and the SQ is pretty damn good so far. 200x4 @ 4 is never a bad place to be.

T