Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install JM Corp XXRK-350SP2-14SG

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 02:24 PM
steelpony16
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Anyone install JM Corp XXRK-350SP2-14SG

Wondering if anyone has installed just this kit and are you satisfied?
I am wanting a little more from my stock unit, clarity and volume.

Thanks,

Old 09-19-2019, 02:28 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Not any fans here for J&M.

Juice

Old 09-19-2019, 02:31 PM
steelpony16
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

Okay, Well I am open to suggestions. I have a 2018 SG Stock head unit with stock Fairing speakers.
I am looking for a plug and play kit. 2 Channel amp with 2 new fairing speakers.
would like to keep it under $700, any help is appreciated.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:54 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

There are tons of choices out there. Don't get caught up in the "Plug N Play" statement.

All you need is listed below and you should come in under your $700 mark.

BT355 line leveler
NVX amp
MMat cx601 speakers
Amp install kit

Juice

The following 4 users liked this post by Juice:
Bluesman280 (09-25-2019), Mike-81 (09-19-2019), No U Glider (09-26-2019), yooperhog (09-27-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 03:44 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

If you like to listen to your radio like I do (guess I'm a dying breed) I wouldn't go with the NVX amp. I installed one an it makes most FM stations static. The Cerwin Vega B 52 didn't do that. I think I burned up the B 52 my not shutting off the automatic volume control or speed volume what ever it's called. When you install an amp shut this off. I ordered some ferrite cones to see if I can reduce the static, I'll post if it helps but they're on the slow boat from China.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:25 AM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 211 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by steelpony16
Wondering if anyone has installed just this kit and are you satisfied?
I am wanting a little more from my stock unit, clarity and volume.

Thanks,
I have this setup on my 19 SGS and sounds really good, I know JM is not liked around here but I gave it a try and I’m satisfied and truely plug N play except for the battery connection.
If I were to do it again I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this setup again.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:35 AM
RCUltra
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I did a XXRK-700SP4-14UL and originally bought the version that did not require a radio flash. The result was a great sounding system sitting still, but when the bike started, the bass response went flat. I caught up with them at a rally recently and they changed out the cables and flashed the radio and amp. Now it sounds great at all speeds. If you go with J&M, just do the Stage 5 setup and send them the radio for a flash.

I don't know why they hate on J&M so much here. They have always been helpful and friendly. I get that some think they are paying too much and can do it cheaper by rolling their own, but some of us don't have the time or patience for that. I just want to buy a system that someone else has already figured out and I don't mind paying a little extra for that. I'm not an audiophile, but I've listened to a lot of bikes and I haven't heard anything yet that sounds noticeably better than mine.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by RCUltra
I did a XXRK-700SP4-14UL and originally bought the version that did not require a radio flash. The result was a great sounding system sitting still, but when the bike started, the bass response went flat. I caught up with them at a rally recently and they changed out the cables and flashed the radio and amp. Now it sounds great at all speeds. If you go with J&M, just do the Stage 5 setup and send them the radio for a flash.

I don't know why they hate on J&M so much here. They have always been helpful and friendly. I get that some think they are paying too much and can do it cheaper by rolling their own, but some of us don't have the time or patience for that. I just want to buy a system that someone else has already figured out and I don't mind paying a little extra for that. I'm not an audiophile, but I've listened to a lot of bikes and I haven't heard anything yet that sounds noticeably better than mine.
Extremely low bang for the buck brother. Nothing personal about it for me.

T

The following 2 users liked this post by Tailwind:
eaglefan1 (09-25-2019), yooperhog (10-11-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 02:27 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Extremely low bang for the buck brother. Nothing personal about it for me.

T

But also whoever posts for them (owner?) on all the interweb outlets and social media is a total *** hat.

The following users liked this post:
yooperhog (09-27-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM
mrmagloo
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac daddy 103
I have this setup on my 19 SGS and sounds really good, I know JM is not liked around here but I gave it a try and I’m satisfied and truely plug N play except for the battery connection.
If I were to do it again I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this setup again.
Originally Posted by RCUltra

LOL, once you actually figure out how much you spent, and you run into another bike with a system that blows it away and you find he spent less than half as much, the light will finally shine through brother.

I got the J&M treatment twice. The first time, it was $1,000 while at Sturgis and by the time I got home I realized that was a total waste of money for the slight increase in performance I got. So I talked to Jim, and told him I was disappointed, so he talked me into upgrading to the full high end Jokker 6 speaker system the next year, with a total outlay of that point of over $1,800.

Didn't help when tweeters fell out of the grills on the way back, punched holes in the fairing speaks, and John said it was my fault for not noticing it quick enough? Like I'm supposed to tear off my F***ing fairing in the middle of a 920 mile ride home? But, I lived with it for a couple of years. Certainly better, but I was still underwhelmed, and worse, my brothers Soundz system with the Focals just totally stomped me bad. He just loved to pull up next to me with a big grin, and play right over this supposedly J&M high end system.

I started reading up here, and this spring, I replaced the Fairing Jokkers for some Moto G2's, and the J&M amp for a SD800 for a total spend of $500 Total. Totally blew the crap out of the previous set up. I'm pounding over my brother at this point by a very large margin. Keep in mind, I'm still running the lower 7.25 and rear Jokkers, which you can't even tell are running until you put your ear right up to them. I'm now waiting for the 8" lowers for PRV's with set of MMats 6x9's in the rears, so I can trash the rest of the J&M stuff and put that nightmare far in the rear view.

The bottom line is, there will always be the koolaid bunch who simply don't care to learn they bad got reamed. Upgrading a bike system with a relatively mild setup - Amp, Fairing, Lowers, and Rears, is very easy, especially with all of the great guys helping here. There is just no reason for anyone to toss away good money on mediocre, over priced stuff, when you can do so much better if you are willing to read a little here and educate yourself. If you're lazy, of course, don't bother, but coming here to proclaim how great J&M stuff is mighty laugh worthy.

My .02 fwiw, coming from a guy who blazed this trail and got burned.

Last edited by mrmagloo; 09-25-2019 at 02:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrmagloo:
Buster (10-11-2019), yooperhog (10-11-2019)

Quick Reply: Anyone install JM Corp XXRK-350SP2-14SG