Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Limited EQ settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 12:27 PM
Snowman88
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2014 Limited EQ settings

I got this bike a few months ago and it has the Harley Stage 1 amp and speaker upgrade on it and it sounds pretty good but I think it should be better. Started looking at the EQ settings and wow there are a lot of them. Is there a specific setting for a 14 with the stage 1 amp and boom speakers.

I already downloaded the latest update 1-22-02 and didn't notice any difference.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:07 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

What eq settings?

Old 09-19-2019, 01:14 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Yea that Question.

Juice

The following users liked this post:
Defiasco13 (09-19-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 07:37 PM
Snowman88
Cruiser

Well I found a ton of settings for EQ but apparently they can't be changed. Probably have to go to the Dealer for that. What a crock.

Anyway for the guys that didn't know.
Hold the mute button on the stereo and turn the key on. Hold the mute button until the accept apears.
Go to menu
Go to System and the EQ settings will appear.
I thought I changed them a couple times but it didn't save.

I guess I will have to live with it just like the God damn stereo cutting out for GPS or whatever notifications. Even though I have every form of audible notification turned off. OK now I'm done....
(End of rant) But I hate that! Why can't they be shut off and why can't I adjust my own damn stereo.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:42 PM
8track
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman88
Well I found a ton of settings for EQ but apparently they can't be changed. Probably have to go to the Dealer for that. What a crock.

Hold the mute button on the stereo and turn the key on. Hold the mute button until the accept apears.
Go to menu

I guess I will have to live with it just like the God damn stereo cutting out for GPS or whatever notifications. Even though I have every form of audible notification turned off. OK now I'm done....
(End of rant) But I hate that! Why can't they be shut off and why can't I adjust my own damn stereo.
I have been to turn the verbal GPS notifications off.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:47 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Go to menu

All of those settings you're referring to are loaded into the HU by Harmon Kardon. The dealer will not access any of those for you other than the one for the Ultra Classic.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:02 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by 8track
I have been to turn the verbal GPS notifications off.
Totally agree!! All of those voice prompts can be shut off.

Regarding the EQ stuff ur referring to, I think that's a HD nomenclature issue as there isn't a damn think that the MOCO is gonna be able to do fir u other than some very basic flashes that will open up speaker channels but urs are already open on that Ultra so ur at the end of the road w the MOCO.

I think the only way ur gonna get ur ship to shore is to ditch the Stage 1 stuff for a whole host of viable aftermarket options.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 09-25-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Snowman88
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Totally agree!! All of those voice prompts can be shut off.

Regarding the EQ stuff ur referring to, I think that's a HD nomenclature issue as there isn't a damn think that the MOCO is gonna be able to do fir u other than some very basic flashes that will open up speaker channels but urs are already open on that Ultra so ur at the end of the road w the MOCO.

I think the only way ur gonna get ur ship to shore is to ditch the Stage 1 stuff for a whole host of viable aftermarket options.

T
Yep Thats what I fugured...I'm not willing to throw more money at it so it will have to do for now.
But those damn prompts cutting in drive me crazy. Just when I think I have them all off BOOM they come back. HA-HA thats why they call this BOOM audio I guess...

Old 09-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Yep Thats what I fugured...I'm not willing to throw more money at it so it will have to do for now.
But those damn prompts cutting in drive me crazy. Just when I think I have them all off BOOM they come back. HA-HA thats why they call this BOOM audio I guess...
What prompts have u turned off so we can narrow this down. Did u kill the prompts in Nav? I think there are others in Global Settings or something like that.

I pulled my HU out or would take a few pics but I'm sure someone can assist in breaking the code for u.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 09-26-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Snowman88
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What prompts have u turned off so we can narrow this down. Did u kill the prompts in Nav? I think there are others in Global Settings or something like that.

I pulled my HU out or would take a few pics but I'm sure someone can assist in breaking the code for u.

T
I would love to replace my head unit but it has GPS and not sure they make anything to replace it with. You pulled your head unit? What did you replace it with?

Quick Reply: 2014 Limited EQ settings