Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8" lower pods

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 07:13 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
All the DB Moto shix is so damn efficient, 150 Watts will get u in a damn good place.

And the back side really isn't that obtrusive at all. Just under 3" depth and proportional magnet.

I have a set on the shelf I can put next to some other comparable shix and take pics when u narrow down ur choices.

T
Does one want a tweeter down there with already having horns in the fairing?

Old 10-27-2019, 07:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchieM
Does one want a tweeter down there with already having horns in the fairing?
To each their own but I have always been a big fan of full range audio from every traditional hole so I don't have to keep adding new holes.

I guess it just depends on each individuals strategy to obtain the balance they desire for their riding style. With the recent PA movement towards some coax product, there might be something to that for the sled audio industry due to space limitations.

T

Old 10-27-2019, 07:39 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior

To each their own but I have always been a big fan of full range audio from every traditional hole so I don't have to keep adding new holes.

I guess it just depends on each individuals strategy to obtain the balance they desire for their riding style. With the recent PA movement towards some coax product, there might be something to that for the sled audio industry due to space limitations.

T
I’m open to the idea just not familiar with the wiring strategy for this type of speaker.

Old 10-27-2019, 08:33 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchieM
I’m open to the idea just not familiar with the wiring strategy for this type of speaker.
These Motos are just wired straight up as a traditional coax as it's a tweeter with a cap vs a separate compression driver. Then just tune it up to ur liking. If ur worried about the high then obviously EQ accordingly but also set ur crossover to 15k, 14k, 13k OE even 10k if u want to tame that end of the spectrum. It might even be a matter of taming both the horns and the lowers to get that perfect balance for ur ears. Lots of options.

T

Old 10-27-2019, 08:47 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior

These Motos are just wired straight up as a traditional coax as it's a tweeter with a cap vs a separate compression driver. Then just tune it up to ur liking. If ur worried about the high then obviously EQ accordingly but also set ur crossover to 15k, 14k, 13k OE even 10k if u want to tame that end of the spectrum. It might even be a matter of taming both the horns and the lowers to get that perfect balance for ur ears. Lots of options.

T
Thanks good information. I’ll put these on the list.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:54 AM
M M Alexander
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation I’m NOT a Pro YouTuber ...

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1
Makes sense. Sounds like it would be a good YouTube video project if anyone can film the steps.
Well, I’m not the best at videographer but I did what I could.
I tried to cover the more important steps (shaping, forming and sanding).
Hope it helps.

The following 3 users liked this post by M M Alexander:
ITOLDU (11-20-2019), Night Glider (02-27-2023), SuaveEnvie (11-09-2021)