Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sony xav question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 09:18 AM
G'dayM8
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default sony xav question

I installed the sony xav av5000 yesterday and am happy finally having carplay and getting room of the garbage boom radio...problem is i cant turn off the attenuator feature

when i turn the volume up it attenuates it until i click volume down one time, then it goes to full volume

when turning volume down, every other click is attenuated . for example I am at volume 30, click down to 29 and it attenuates, click to 28 and attenutaor is off, click to 27 and back on..etc etc

I held the home button and it doesnt change anything

help?

Old 06-23-2019, 03:58 PM
vhmike73
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Can't be sure this is helpful, as I have the Biketronics kit, so my handlebar interface isn't the same, but you could try to go into the Settings, General, Steering Wheel Control and see if it's on Custom or Preset. Try switching to Custom and 're-mapping' the volume control if the settings are "preset". If it's "custom" currently, try the "Preset" function. Worth a shot. Aside from that, I'd say you'd have to dig through your interface's manual to see how to reset it and/or remap the functions.

Here's the instructions from the Sony manual:
Steering Control
Selects the input mode for the connected remote control. To prevent a malfunction, be sure to match the input mode with the connected remote control before use.
Custom
Input mode for the steering wheel remote control (follow the procedures of {*} to register functions on the connected remote control.Preset
Input mode for the wired remote control excluding the steering wheel remote control.

{*} (btw: this is a wrench icon in the manual- it's the section that the brackets above refers to)
The steering button panel appears.
1: Press and hold the button you want to assign to the steering wheel. The button on the panel lights up (standby).
2: Press and hold the button on the steering wheel you want to assign the function to. The button on the panel will change the color (highlighted or encircled by an orange line).
3: To register other functions, repeat steps 1 and 2.
(Available only when [Steering Control] is set to [Custom].)

Notes
•While making settings, the connected remote control cannot be used even though some functions have
already been registered. Use the buttons on the unit.
• If an error occurs while registering, all the registered information is cleared. Restart registration from the
beginning.
• This function may not be available on some vehicles. For details on the compatibility of your vehicle, visit the
support site on the back cover.

Last edited by vhmike73; 06-23-2019 at 04:00 PM.