Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Electra Glide Standard/Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 10:55 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by wmprof
Been reading the audio section for a few days and have come up with some ideas for radio in my 2019 EG Standard. I only listen to classic rock/rb from usb stick. Don't need am/fm or phone interface unless maybe pandora on phone. Let me know if I'm on the right track or... Thanks

HU - Sony DSX-M55BT
Amp - Soundstream PN4.1000D
Fairing Speakers - Infinity Kappa 62ix
Lower Fairing Speakers - Mmat PA601-4
Hogtunes grilles - Fairing pair and Pod pair for lowers
Ebay speaker boxes for lowers - Matte black
Waterproof cover -
Pyle cover Pyle cover

Won't need any dash kit, I can fab acrylic front plate and fit to stock glovebox. Installed car stereo for a living in the late 70's.
Won't need wiring kit, I can identify switched and full power to connect. Make up heavy pos/grd for amp to battery myself.

I may not install amp right away to see if sound is full enough for highway. I can do all this for less than $500, less than $400 without amp.

Appreciate ANY input from gurus here!! Thanks!

You might want to start a unique thread that is unique to ur build.

One quick suggestion though, if ur getting the Mmats for the lowers I would absolutely pass on the midrange and get the CX / Components.

T

The following users liked this post:
Patrick Raygor (02-26-2020)
Old 08-13-2019, 06:44 AM
HillBilly423
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Has any of you guys bought anything from a company called Enrock , looking at their web site they have some descent pricing on plug and play packages .

Old 08-13-2019, 09:35 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

I'm confused on one thing though. I thought I read that the EG came with handlebar controls, but just no radio.

Also is the opening the same size as where the new boom radio normally sits? or a smaller opening like the old radio sizes?

Old 08-13-2019, 12:14 PM
wmprof
Road Master
Received 1,302 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
I'm confused on one thing though. I thought I read that the EG came with handlebar controls, but just no radio.

Also is the opening the same size as where the new boom radio normally sits? or a smaller opening like the old radio sizes?
NO handlebar controls for stereo are included. "Glove Box" is just a replacement for stock rushmore style radio in opening, mounts the same and all. Wiring harness for radio under fairing appears to all be there. No speaker wires in pods though.

teedoff65 (08-13-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Andres Robles
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same model and I bought my radio from this guys www.fatheadcycles.com

Old 09-22-2019, 07:53 AM
broke c7
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek Pettry
I ended up putting a radio in my 2019 electra glide standard. It's actually pretty simple to do. I ended up going with a 2018 boom 4.3 and 2016 street glide speakers. Other additional items that were required. Were 2 speaker wire connectors and the left hand control to turn the radio up. Everything was plug and play. If you Ebay search like I did. I did mine for around 400 dollars.
does any year of boom 4.3 plug right into the 2019 EG standard wiring harness? i just bought a 19 EGlide Standard and will be doing the stereo on it. i like the fact that the HD head units are meant to be outside. although the sony xav sounds good, it needs protection from the elements. on my '07 EGlide Classic i just had the harley head unit, with a Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 (i think) and infinity speakers. perfectly happy with that set up and would like to do something like that again.

Kyleduck2 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Kyleduck2
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Derek did you replace the left control or switchpack? Please help I'm in the process of doing the same thing thanks

$***$

Old 11-09-2019, 03:27 AM
Criello
Cruiser
Received 132 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by broke c7
does any year of boom 4.3 plug right into the 2019 EG standard wiring harness?
bump. same question for 2020 EG-S.
i wont pay harley 3k for a boom... but i have seen plentty of used 6.5 gt out there for reasonable prices
what years are compatible?

Last edited by Criello; 11-09-2019 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:58 PM
lawrence668
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Old EG Standard and radios

Been off the forum for awhile...but I am back.
I have a 2006 EG Standard. I wanted a radio so I got the Sony kit (Biketronics) that was popular at the time. Almost immediately the CD player failed in it. Since I got "the kit" I was limited to Sony's for replacement head units. That is no longer the case, the Biketronic adapter works will all the major brands.
Some issues I have encountered over the years: I didn't pay extra for the 'marine' type head units. Regretted that. The Arizona dust destroyed followed by Midwestern seasons destroyed my first Sony. Get the weather resistant cover! (Crutchfield among others carry it)
I am now running the Aquatic for 3+ years and am super pleased with the performance-and no adapter necessary. One note-the amp in the Aquatic didn't have the oomph I wanted for my rear speakers, but adding an amp was too easy.
Fairing speakers. I started with a limited budget, but as my standard of living increased, so too did my expenditure for speakers. I started with a pair of Pioneers on sale from BestBuy. Sounded good. As the speakers are mostly protected from the elements by the fairing-no worries about that. In the years since I finally upgraded to Hogtunes. May not be symphony quality, but hey, I ride highway speed so who cares?
I added some aftermarket speaker lids to my saddlebags to round out the sound. I got a pair from CaliBikerClub. They are OK. But for $200ish, what do you want. (Paint is cracking and I have water leaks in heavy rain. And there was fitment issues (more on that)
My goal for the rear speakers was 'fill'. I am pleased with the HogTunes in the fairing, but I wanted more loud, for lack of a better term. I got some cheap-o Pyle Hydra 6x9's. They aren't the finest sounding speakers on the planet, but at 70 mph who would know? Fitting these into the new speaker lids were a challenge, but with a jig saw and a belt sander, I made it happen. As far as holding up to the sun and the rain, so far good over the last 3 years.
As these speakers exceeded the capability of my head unit, I added a Pyle Hydra amp. Its about the size of a HI-8 or a Betamax cassette-so I can put it anywhere. Right now I have it in the battery box under the seat.
My Electraglide was prewired and had hand controls already, and a wire to plug in the antenna was under the seat. I tried several locations for antenna placement over the years, finally settling with mounting the antenna base to the side of my receiver hitch. Out of the way yet still pulls in FM radio well enough.
I have owned my bike for 11 years now, and have had the fairing off more times than I can count. A lot of trial an error. So any questions, I am sure my experience will mostly translate to the 2019 Electraglide Standard. (And, yes I am on this forum b/c I have been thinking about a new EG Standard!) Send your questions.

HillBilly423 (11-19-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 08:28 AM
broke c7
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Criello
bump. same question for 2020 EG-S.
i wont pay harley 3k for a boom... but i have seen plentty of used 6.5 gt out there for reasonable prices
what years are compatible?
i bought the head unit from a '17 street glide special off a chap on the forums classified. paid $390. i was at the dealer and confirmed a number of part numbers fitting 14-19 e glide bikes. the radio harness was the same number as well as the inner fairing. from what i could determine, this should just bolt right in. i won't be pulling the bike apart until late december or early january so i won't be able to confirm that his is all plug an play until then.

Quick Reply: 2019 Electra Glide Standard/Radio