Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSR-1 Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 01:46 PM
maxburner
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DSR-1 Noise

Well I finally got my new amps and speakers mounted and wired to the DSR-1. Fired it all up last night and man, I am impressed!! GBA hooked me up with a great map and support, couldn't be happier.... The DSR-1 has taken audio it to an all new level BUT, I now have static (noise) problems.

Are any of you having this with your DSR's? I'm running an SD800 / SD400 with 4 guage wire (hot and ground) coming from battery to separate distribution blocks. One is Power (1 input / 4 outputs) and the other Ground (1 input / 4 outputs). When I wired the DSR I simply ran the power and grounds into the distribution blocks supplying the amps. I then wired the remote (Radio into DSR, DSR out to AMPS). Static remains regardless of gain setting. Obviously it gest louder the higher the gains are set. So what am I doing wrong?

Do I need to rewire the DSR's power or do I have something else going on?

Everything is going to the battery (Pos and Neg). In intial set-up from GBA, they said to set the gains to zero on the amps. Should I leave them at zero or can I adjust? Still trying to learn the nuaincess with this thing but so far, its sweet! Cheers!

Anyway, thanks for feedback!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Make sure ur gains on the amps are not in conflict with the gains on the dsr ie one high and one low.
RCAs in contact with or in the vicinity of power wire or D Blocks?
RCA metal exposed and in contact with each other?

T

The following 2 users liked this post by Tailwind:
HD Boy (12-18-2020), maxburner (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 02:57 PM
maxburner
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Make sure ur gains on the amps are not in conflict with the gains on the dsr ie one high and one low.
RCAs in contact with or in the vicinity of power wire or D Blocks?
RCA metal exposed and in contact with each other?

T
thats T! I will check it all out tonight!!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:57 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 621 Posts

like t said, keep your rca cables away from the power and ground cables to help with RFI, you could try wiring the power and ground at a different location and see if that helps, you're kinda in a try it and see what works situation. maybe a noise filter on the DSR power supply line.
m

Old 04-26-2019, 03:15 PM
maxburner
Advanced

Originally Posted by marcodarq
like t said, keep your rca cables away from the power and ground cables to help with RFI, you could try wiring the power and ground at a different location and see if that helps, you're kinda in a try it and see what works situation. maybe a noise filter on the DSR power supply line.
m
yeah man, that’s what I figured. Just wanted to be sure there wasn’t something special with the dsr itself. I used a 10 pack of rca male to male connectors. They were cheap. Could be the problem. Appreciate the intell!

Old 05-30-2019, 07:36 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by maxburner
yeah man, that’s what I figured. Just wanted to be sure there wasn’t something special with the dsr itself. I used a 10 pack of rca male to male connectors. They were cheap. Could be the problem. Appreciate the intell!
I got those rca 10 pack as well. I'm just wondering if you was able to fix the popping problem?

Old 05-31-2019, 11:09 AM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

The SD800.4D and SD400.4D are both Class-D amplifiers and known for noisy power supplies. Is the noise constant? Avoid running cables or the antenna near the B+ and GND wires for those amplifiers. If the DSR1 is mounted on top of the amplifiers, this could also cause an issue, so test it by physically moving the DSR1 away from the amplifiers.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:21 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
The SD800.4D and SD400.4D are both Class-D amplifiers and known for noisy power supplies. Is the noise constant? Avoid running cables or the antenna near the B+ and GND wires for those amplifiers. If the DSR1 is mounted on top of the amplifiers, this could also cause an issue, so test it by physically moving the DSR1 away from the amplifiers.
Ok, I will try that when I get home tonight.

The following users liked this post:
Rockford Fosgate (06-03-2019)
Old 08-13-2020, 07:23 AM
SuaveEnvie
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Did anyone ever figure this out??

Old 08-13-2020, 02:46 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Yeah, move the DSR away from the receiver and amp if that what you have.

Quick Reply: DSR-1 Noise