Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

beyma midbass 10s in bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 02:51 AM
xxmiaja
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beyma midbass 10s in bags

hello everyone I hope someone can steer me in the right direction..I currently have 5 inch stretch bags off Ebay plastic kind and recently had one 10 inch beyma midbass speaker mounted in each bag.i went to meet my friend that has 3 6x9 in each bag and his bass thumps a lot more than mine and it's more bassey I have a 1600 watt sound digital amp on the 2 10s I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get a hard thump out of these 10s I have another friend we all met up he has the Same set up amp and all but he has the OEM harley bags and his bass sounds just like mine with his 2 beyma 10s ...how are these 6x9 killing me like this? I do not have the rings I have the kit that you have to cut a rectangle hole in the bag and the 10 is mounted in the bag could this be blocking a lot of my bass do you guys think it will sound better if I got the rings and mounted the speaker from the outside to expose the entire front of the speaker...

here you can see the only outlet for the speaker

Last edited by xxmiaja; 04-26-2019 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:06 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 799 Likes on 621 Posts

What is the rest of your system consist of?
M

Old 04-26-2019, 07:10 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by xxmiaja
hello everyone I hope someone can steer me in the right direction..I currently have 5 inch stretch bags off Ebay plastic kind and recently had one 10 inch beyma midbass speaker mounted in each bag.i went to meet my friend that has 3 6x9 in each bag and his bass thumps a lot more than mine and it's more bassey I have a 1600 watt sound digital amp on the 2 10s I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get a hard thump out of these 10s I have another friend we all met up he has the Same set up amp and all but he has the OEM harley bags and his bass sounds just like mine with his 2 beyma 10s ...how are these 6x9 killing me like this? I do not have the rings I have the kit that you have to cut a rectangle hole in the bag and the 10 is mounted in the bag could this be blocking a lot of my bass do you guys think it will sound better if I got the rings and mounted the speaker from the outside to expose the entire front of the speaker...

here you can see the only outlet for the speaker
Ok so let's put a few things in perspective. A 6X9 has roughly the same cone area of an 8 inch speaker if this guy has 3 per bag that's SIX 8's vs. two 10's. There's a huge difference there in cone area between the two. Secondly I think you get better bass and volume from rings and the entire 10 inch hole cut out vs. those adapters. Lastly the beyma 10's you have are good sound quality speakers and you can get them to play loud and punch hard but as far as "bass" goes they don't play very low. So you can surely get that to sound better with different rings and tuning but you have to be a bit realistic with your expectations.

I'm curious why you went with that set up??

Oh and the last one. If you want to get bass from your bags those Ebay plastic ones aren't going to cut it.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:04 AM
xxmiaja
Advanced

ok to reply to your questions my set up is sound digital 1600 watt for the two 10s a 800 watt for the midrange in which I have two 5.25 beyma with compression horn in the fairing and two 6.5 beyma in the lid the compression horns have a 250watt sound digital amp I also have a fosgate dsp with it all and the two beyma 10s in the bags..I went with this system because it's what the shop said would sound good...dont get me wrong its very loud and has a little bass just not as much as my buddy...so what should I swap out to get much better bass money is no issue I can get better bags I just hear fiberglass dont sound as good as the plastic bags in which harley stock bags are made of...and my other buddy has stock harley bags with the exact Same setup and his bass sounds just like mine only difference is he has OEM harley bags and I have the plastic Ebay bags

Last edited by xxmiaja; 04-26-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:17 AM
arlington
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like the speaker has gaps not completely sealed off, I could be wrong.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:35 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

ok to reply to your questions my set up is sound digital 1600 watt for the two 10s a 800 watt for the midrange in which I have two 5.25 beyma with compression horn in the fairing and two 6.5 beyma in the lid the compression horns have a 250watt sound digital amp I also have a fosgate dsp with it all and the two beyma 10s in the bags..I went with this system because it's what the shop said would sound good...dont get me wrong its very loud and has a little bass just not as much as my buddy...so what should I swap out to get much better bass money is no issue I can get better bags I just hear fiberglass dont sound as good as the plastic bags in which harley stock bags are made of...and my other buddy has stock harley bags with the exact Same setup and his bass sounds just like mine only difference is he has OEM harley bags and I have the plastic Ebay bags
Brother check out my sig below. I've won my fair share of major shows and I can tell you there are NO top bikes in the country running plastic bags. The stock bags aren't bad for bass, they are well made. What 6.5 do you have your lid...is it a Beyma sealed back 6.5 or a standard mid range 6.5? I think you may have been steered in the wrong direction. If you are on facebook hit me up at Alex Haze. If you frequent Facebook check out some of our builds

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIW...98GRrX0A5cnmXA

Old 04-26-2019, 09:55 AM
xxmiaja
Advanced

you are who I have been looking for let me know what I need and I will buy it what bags I need what material it is made of if need be I can send you the bags to mount the speakers in and work with you to get it where it needs to be. i feel for 5700 i should be sounding better than this. I do not have Facebook is there another way I can work with you through this

Old 04-26-2019, 09:58 AM
xxmiaja
Advanced

I have beyma 6.5 but they are not sealed they have baffles on them but if I have to send you bags to seal for me I will just let me know what I need to do

Old 04-26-2019, 10:01 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

you are who I have been looking for let me know what I need and I will buy it what bags I need what material it is made of if need be I can send you the bags to mount the speakers in and work with you to get it where it needs to be. i feel for 5700 i should be sounding better than this. I do not have Facebook is there another way I can work with you through this
Shoot me a text and I'll call you over the weekend.
305 331-7994
Alex

Old 04-28-2019, 03:22 PM
JNM3
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Ok so let's put a few things in perspective. A 6X9 has roughly the same cone area of an 8 inch speaker if this guy has 3 per bag that's SIX 8's vs. two 10's. There's a huge difference there in cone area between the two. Secondly I think you get better bass and volume from rings and the entire 10 inch hole cut out vs. those adapters. Lastly the beyma 10's you have are good sound quality speakers and you can get them to play loud and punch hard but as far as "bass" goes they don't play very low. So you can surely get that to sound better with different rings and tuning but you have to be a bit realistic with your expectations.

I'm curious why you went with that set up??

Oh and the last one. If you want to get bass from your bags those Ebay plastic ones aren't going to cut it.
You might wanna upgrade those pins holding the bags to the bike also.

Quick Reply: beyma midbass 10s in bags